Good Books

Rubbish book, Barry is an absolutely extraordinary short story writer but he isn’t a novelist yet.

Just finished “Educated”. Even further down the hillbilly spectrum than Mamaw. Author is born into a family of Mormon fundamentalists who think the world is going to end and that the government is out to get them. Great read. Hard to believe parts of it. America is a mad country.

The tattooist of Auschwitz is a good book, a very easy read if that’s your thing,

This was a very good read

1 Like

I picked up this for €2 quid in a charity shop the other day. Great read, it’s a bit out of date now, finished up around 09/10.

The core of the book is following a few US lads who ended up murdering and raping an Iraqi girl and murdering the rest of her family. How they got there etc. True story.
But it’s broader as well, just about how fucked up war is, how under strength the US troops left behind were when they started pulling out troops in 07/08 and what constant exposure to danger can do to your mind.
Also fairly well outlines why the US can never succeed there because of some monumental fuck ups they made early doors and generally what a fucked up place Iraq has become.

I bought that but not read it yet.

fucking sick bastards

not one of them got the death penalty

About 8 chapters in, excellent read. Some of the second works war stuff is unbelievable, no wonder he returned a complete cold blooded killer.

Yeah great stuff. He was a hardy buck

Someone stole the macroaster idea :rage:

1 Like

It was a fairly fucked up story the whole way through. You wouldn’t have sympathy for them obviously because they are a bunch of sick bastards but you can see how people become sadists from the way things were, especially since most of them were only a step above scumbags going in

image https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51nSq2hkNGL.SX323_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

Another good American book…

Any cracking non fiction recommendations? Enjoyed that mob one ‘I heard you paint houses’…

1 Like

Here’s an odd one… I enjoyed it

1 Like

The movie is due for release next year

Bump

This is an outstanding book that you’d enjoy after the Ken Burns thing, might be hard to find, pm your address and I’ll post it to you.

1 Like

Don’t listen to him. Read the forger book…and buy it yourself

1 Like