Good Fillums

Great yarn, ending is a bit ridiculous but Russel is unreal, the greatest actor of all time

I’ll check it out bro, I only really watch cowboy movies and high brow fantasy series of course

1 Like

Seriously it’s a good wholeome - bit soppy movie,nice film

Its unreal.

saw the Maradona film tonight 9/10. Italy ruined him

2 Likes

There was a good interview with yer man Kapadia in the Oirish Times there lately where he said it was more complex making this cause the subject was still alive (previous films were about Amy Winehouse and Ayrton Senna) and therefore it was harder to get to the “truth” of the character. Is it still a warts-n-all treatment? (I can’t imagine a film about Maradona is anything but)

Yeah, warts and all. You’d feel sorry for him, he hadn’t a minutes peace in Italy, it would drive anyone off the head, no wonder he went mad on the gear, also had closer ties to the mob than I thought. The only thing is, he blaguarded the young lad he fathered out of wedlock in Naples, didn’t acknoeldge till he was 30. It was a tough situation

1 Like

I think I will really enjoy this film. You’d wonder sometimes why lads bother writing fiction at all when there are chaps like Maradona around.

We watched a brilliant film tonight, Last Train To Lisbon, with Jeremy Irons, Bruno Ganz, Christopher Lee and Charlotte Rampling, which is a pretty mad cast. Brilliant. The kind of film I massively enjoy. The reviews I looked at later were terrible, but I thought it was excellent.

I think Jeremy Irons is my favourite actor. His body of work (The Mission, Brideshead) is amazing. I’d highly recommend this film. I have to learn more about the dictatorship in Portugal as a result, looks like a fascinating subject.

Night Train To Lisbon.

You’re correct, but I’m drunk. Have you watched it?

No, but I will if I can find it.

cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

1 Like

Sensational

1 Like

Brightburn tonight. 7/10

just watched it there… Very enjoyable.

I just watched Duel there for the first time, it was directed by Spielberg back in the 70s. It’s one of the greatest films I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

What is it about? I’m off to Spider-man now, not my usual type of film

Trucker v car chase?

That’s the one. The whole thing is nearly a truck driver trying to drive a fella off the road @Tassotti. The tension really ramps up as it goes along. Hard to believe you could make a film for 90mins plus on that alone but they did it.