Good Fillums

Haven’t seen any of those, even Veronika Guerin to my shame

Was it her in that film about the German lass who worked on the tram? She does a few intimate scenes in it.

Why can’t we all just get along?

Mr Towel, pleased to meet you

All average to shite.
I wouldn’t take her to the bog to foot turf. She’d just stand about looking wistful and stupid…maybe half close her eyes or something

1 Like

I’m not sure there’s many crossover skills between acting and footing turf, maybe a little person actor might be useful for the footing, what with being close to the ground and all. I’m not sure you’re looking for the right thing in your actors. I’d be dubious about your ability as a judge of such matters following this interaction.

1 Like

Choosing not to take a person ‘to the bog to foot turf’ is a colloquial expression meant to convey the fact that the person in question is unable to do even the most menial and simple of tasks.
Your inability to interpret or recognise anything containing wit, subtlety or nuance is unsurprising…given your inability to assess the merits of even the most hamfooted of an actress

2 Likes

Her peers have viewed her as one of the finest actors of her generation. But an aul turf footer from Ulster knows better :smiley:

Correct

There’s lads calling for Oscars for precisely this in banshees.
Oh, and if you disagree, it’s begrudgery.

6 Likes

That’s a very good point. By myboyblue’s logic the turf bogs of the sperrins must be the greatest untapped reservoir of acting talent known to man.

I disagree. Ive been up there and seen them. Theyre not great. Bogstandard at best.

2 Likes

She does an odd perfume ad as well in fairness

I’d say she has an odd perfume alright

I’d be behind her all the way when she would be at it.

Anyone footing turf want their head examined. Turn it with the fork and the job is oxo.

Naw, that was Kate Winslet in The Reader.

Ah that was it. Kate Winslet is a good actor and seems nice.

1 Like

I’m planning on starting the detectorists this week. I’ve heard it’s good.

The humour is very dry. Beware…

1 Like