Good Fillums

I thought the film was a good adaptation but the book was richer and deeper.

My fear is the Hollywood version dillutes it all the more. Hence the recommendation to watch the Swedish one instead of Hollywood one.

All in all, beautiful story that hopefully doesn’t get butchered. But fear hanks’s release would.go the way of the Les Incredibles Hollywood adaptation

I never saw the hanks one, and wouldn’t bother tbh.
The book is lovely.
I couldn’t bear hanks phoning it in

It’s only out in cinemas now

The Swedish one is very good. The Mrs bought the book after.

1 Like

It will surely win the „best evocation of island life” award

Top Gun Maverick is quite possibly the greatest film ever made.

5 Likes

I stuck half an hour of that dirge. It’s actually tragic- cruise is turning into cher before our very eyes.

1 Like

fuck yourself… it’s a movie about 40 somethings sticking it to the milennials. I know you peaked at 14 but I’m still in my prime… Tom Cruise told me so

1 Like

Hair dye and fake tan. He looks like a thunderbird
There’s no coming back from that.

Fair play to the lads that made Team America. They took the piss out of top gun maverick before it was even made.

1 Like

we can too.

I’d fancy myself against any millennial, in any feat or test.

I pity the fools

i just googled it and apparently I’m a millenial.

Fuck sake

6 Likes

A long, and interesting review and discussion on McDonaghs Irishness and depiction of Ireland, detailing many of the topics we’ve discussed here.
I just thought it was a great yarn myself but art is created to be critiqued

Some of us get art, some dont. And that’s ok. It is 2023 after all and those that don’t shouldn’t be shamed by it.

I liked it TBH
Actually looked at the bike first,I’d one back on the day
900 R
Enjoyed the movie aswell,easy watch

1 Like

That article sort of explains whats going on in the film which could be quite helpful for some of the lads around here.

3 Likes

The king of staten island. Semi biopic of Skeet Davidson. Never seen anything of him before but found it very entertaining

Bill Burr is excellent in it

1 Like

Brilliant. I was expecting to turn it off after 20 mins but said id give it a shot. Played off each other very well

Being a cranky fucker. Perfect role for burr

1 Like