Good Fillums

There’s no little people any more.
That’s the problem…

Just saw Banshees.
It’s a solid 7 out of 10, no more. Don’t see how it got all the nominations/awards.

1 Like

I often wonder how all these award ceremonies come together and have the same films, actors etc in the frame.

Out of all the films that are made every year.

I don’t think Farrell et al are regularly nominated?

In reality there has historically only ever been a half a dozen major studios (at best) with some independent ones on top. It’s a small pool.

It’s all about promotion really.
If you don’t advertise it, you haven’t a hope of winning.

That’s just because your a jealous begrudger

Harsh. I like Farrell. I like Gleeson. I just thought it wasn’t a patch on In Bruges for instance.

2 Likes

Bit of harmless fun

Puss n Boots is class

4 Likes

Look mate, the only possible reason anyone doesnt think it’s the best film in the history of humanity is begrudgery.

2 Likes

In Bruges is a fantastic film

Ah. My ironymeter was turned off.

1 Like

Watched Babylon over the last couple of nights - watchable but nothing spectacular given the subject matter and run time it left me slightly disappointed - they certainly partied back then

I watched the Banshee the other week and thought it was only ok, but I also thought in Brugge was an awful pile of wank.

2 Likes

Argentina 1985

2 Likes

watched glass onion last night. a very enjoyable romp but doesnt quite hit the heights that knives out did. that said edward norton gives a tour de france

eh,what?

there you go pal.

3 Likes

I know this book, your conclusions were all wrong Ryan

2 Likes

Watched Hard target the other night hadn’t seen it in years, you can’t bate a bit of John Woo action. Arnold Vosloo who would go onto The Mummy fame and the legendary Lance Henriksen are superb as the primary antagonists. Yancy Butler was/is drop dead gorgeous.

1 Like