Good Fillums

In the past week I have watched, where the crawdads sing and all quiet on the western front.

Both really good films.

2 Likes

Turned it off 20 minutes in

I can’t remember the last film I saw with Michelle Williams that I enjoyed. Shutter island perhaps but it wasn’t down to her. The Greatest Showman was a decent romp for what it was but again, not exactly her doing. Manchester By The Sea perhaps.

Where the crawdads sing I found a deeply disappointing adaptation of a lovely book.
I can’t bring myself to watch All Quiet.

I never read the book so it probably helped me so in that regard to the film,

1 Like

Didn’t mind the film, entertaining enough I thought.

Yeah I enjoyed the film.

Having not read the book I had nothing to compare it to so taking it on its own merits I thought it was very good.

The book is really worth reading.

1 Like

Im watching west side story here lads. You’d forget how amazing a film it is. They’ve just done the ‘play it cool’ dance. It’s one of the best ever.

3 Likes

We just watched The hunt for Red October tonight.
Excellent film.

2 Likes

One ping please.

1 Like

Watching Jaws again, it’s fucking incredible

Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into her side chief….

Eleven hundred men went into the water, 316 men came out and the sharks took the rest.

1 Like

I thought it was excellent, but I find the fanfare around it hard to take, it would have an impact in any era, and moat of us would assume public reaction means were more civilised and far removed from the barbarity of trench warfare. Yet somehow we’ve twitter feeds full of drone footage showing the same drones dropping grenades into fox holes. The real thing and no-one really thinks it’s worth anything other than blind partisanship and gung-ho wokism.

The opening to saving private Ryan was searing.
I read the book all quiet years ago, and I think I’d find the film depressing, so I need to be in the right humour.

It’s a fairly grim experience truth be told @flattythehurdler

I’ve seen the film, recently obviously enough. But I’d nearly watch it again. It was very good.

Watching Good Will Hunting here. Haven’t looked at it for at least twenty years I’d say. Some film

6 Likes

Disrespect my wife again and I will end you

1 Like