Good Fillums

Chief

It’s a magnificent film. Williams and Damon are incredible. Brilliantly written and directed. And Driver before she disappeared up her own hole.

1 Like

I’d forgotten how good it is. 25 years old and really doesn’t feel dated

1 Like

I watched it during lockdown and has tbe same reaction. There’s hardly a bad beat. Even Casey Affleck isn’t bad.

It was so popular and mainstream that people overlooked how clever it was. The bit were damon psychoanalysed the gay psychoanalyst was a great bit of writing. And the affection between williams and damon, and other assorted tough guys was very deftly done.

2 Likes

Absolutely- the script is so tight despite being weighty at times. Never feels inauthentic which is some achievement considering the story

4 Likes

That’s the word I was looking for- afleck telling damon to fuck off out of their miserable lives, williams telling damon he’s in all the way. Beautiful moments…the best buddy movie since butch and sundance

4 Likes

How do you know he was Spanish then? Or a sailor?

He could be a Pakistani postman if you were that drunk

Meaney gives some tour de France in the snapper to be fair to him

1 Like

I kept these for you…your panties is that what you call them?

Me Knickers!!!

1 Like

What if it’s a girl and it looks like Burgess?

Then we’ll have to smoother it and leave it on his step

I’ve only gone and named her Georgina

1 Like

Classic

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I watched Triangle of Sadness there the other night. Its great craic.

1 Like

Hacksaw Ridge :star::star::star::star::star:

1 Like

Onrale film. Caught me by surprise when I threw it on one day. I wasn’t expecting much.

1 Like

Wasn’t expecting much with Andrew Garfield but he was superb.

1 Like

The girl in that, Charlbi Dean, died shortly after filming. Very young, very sad…

1 Like

Had no idea where it was going but loved every minute of it. Fucking gas craic

1 Like