Good Fillums

@Batigol I envy you watching this for the first time, one of my favourite films if not number 1.

I feel obliged to watch it now. If it means I have to leave work early, so be it

1 Like

Alien was basically Jaws in outer space.Its fuckin brilliant.I actually rather it to Aliens,3 and 4 were shite but still watchable.

2 Likes

Watching Asteroid City here - a rare weaker effort from him

1 Like

Stand by me,Back to the future follwed by Jurassic park…on sky cinema select now.

1 Like

Pretty much a perfect film I think. The second one is decent too.

2 Likes

There’s a great oul flick on Netflix called Bull. Well worth a watch. Like pale rider only cheaper, less nuanced, and with nasty cockneys.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it. I’ve a friend that had a theory that if WA lets Roman Coppola in as a co-writer, then the standard drops. RoCo was on board here I think.

Went to it tonight. Enjoyed it very much. Classic Wes Anderson movie.

As an aside it was my first time in the Lighthouse. Lovely cinema.

2 Likes

Just in from Barbie.

The missus wanted to see it and I had read that was meant to be quirky kinda good.

It wasn’t.

3 Likes

Mind boggling how people sacrificed 3/4 hours of their time and expense to go see this, even in an ironic way.

2 Likes

Watched it there. Very good. Great shout

2 Likes

Im in the middle of the commitments on RTE. jesus, youd forget what a hovel the north inner city was back in the day

Back in the day ?

4 Likes

Yep,

I understand that many of the patriarchy just don’t get this movie.

5 Likes

Only an absolute gimp of a man would go to the Barbie movie :smile:

The missus took the youngsters and their friends to see it. She was baffled by it and the boy said “it was very weird daddy”. The girls were crazy for it. Me Missus says the wokesters will love it. I’d say Glas was head to toe in pink going to it.

6 Likes

Best bring out my suit Zed as I went to this yday with the missus and daughter. was only thing on and mission Impossible too long a wait

There was an interesting point from it: towards the end (side note: fuck your spoilers), all the Barbie’s collude to feign interest in listening to Ken while knowingly waiting for their moment to collectively manipulate him for their own gain.

Bang on the money and held a mirror to my two fellow attendees who couldn’t argue it both a common and yet dastardly weapon in their arsenal

As my brother in law would say.
“You Plonker”!