Good Fillums

Jeremiah Johnson on TG4 in a while

1 Like

Napoleon is a travesty. A great man of history reduced to a simpering wreck about some average looking boring broad. If she was some sort of Helen of Troy, worlds should fall because of her allure type siren, Ridley Scott should be pelted.

He should be pelted anyway. A travesty of a movie.

A big meh from me. Very disappointing

1 Like

https://twitter.com/AvonandsomerRob/status/1746633217203921305?t=W_NZTDwtv4Mmz1FRNWUGYw&s=19

3 Likes

Scorsese’s films particularly recently are exactly that - long yet feeling truncated.

Apart from The Wolf of Wall Street which was just garbage anyway.

People who have aged thread

Elon Musk looks like shit there.

1 Like

I was pondering the number of high profile Irish actors doing so well at the moment and thinking there are some great Irish films that are yet to be made.
To wit - The Bodhran Makers.
I could never understand why this has not been made into a filum yet. A tremendous story, Brendan Gleeson would be perfect. It would be a far more coherent story for an audience eager for such Irish stories after Banshees.

On Another Man’s Wound - The Ernie O’Malley story.
He lived an amazing, daring and full life did Ernie and a true Irish hero. Cillian Murphy obviously gets the gig (I’m happy to take Domhnall Gleeson who I think would be very good in the role).

As Producer I’m happy to take script summaries/ picture boards from any of you now. I’ll approach
Fís Éireann and secure financing. We’ll make millions while producing critically acclaimed, important works of art.

3 Likes

Run it through chat gpt and other ai software. If you don’t, someone else will

Fuck Baddiel

Went to see the Zone of Interest in the IFI tonight. Nothing happens as such but it’s an amazing film. Don’t bother trying to watch this on Telly unless you have an amazing sound system. It’s all in the sound.

3 Likes

Meant to be incredible, looking forward to seeing it and American Fiction

1 Like

I finally watched Get Out and Shutter Island this weekend. Both are good films.

Two outstanding movies. Shutter Island is a gem and Get Out fucks with your soul.

I watched M3gan last night, much better than it had a right to be

Watched Withnail and I last night.

Some zingers in it. A depressing comedy.

1 Like

I kind of had an idea of the ‘twist’ of sorts in Shutter Island (although I think it was fairly well signposted) but it was still very well done. That lad Marty makes good pictures in fairness.

Mubi have the 3 months for €1 offer back again

1 Like

It was a very un Marty type film though I thought.

A masterpiece .
we are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell. Making an enemy of our own future.

1 Like