Good Fillums

I watched “Sully” over the weekend. The story of Chesley Sullenberger successfully landing a US Airways passenger flight on the Hudson River.

6.8/10.

I think you’re being generous. The best thing about it was that it was only 90 minutes long.

5/10 at best

1 Like

unreal

+1

So you’re saying 6/10?

No, I agreed with Chewy McCarthy’s summation of the movie and would give it 5/10

Anything that gets rave reviews by critics can usually start off with a 7 and you can work downward from there

Excellent viewing bar the last 15 minutes. There’s probably some artsy fartsy element to that ending that i’m too ignorant to appreciate, but fuck me it nearly ruined the film. 7/10.

1 Like

Watched this last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. 4.5/5

Also watched Green room (4/5), Sing Street (3/5) and Other People (3.5/5) on Netflix over past week. They’ve got the thumb out of their Arse and uploaded a number of good films over the last week or 2.

Off to the pictures to see the new Star Wars yoke tonight

I’m looking forward to this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1fIZnj1zPk

Racist

Finally saw Rouge one… Little lapse in the middle after a good start that had me questioning myself but to be fair that last 45 mins was excellent. That scene with Vader in the locker - the rebellion lads didn’t like it up em. I won’t spoiler it but loved the body count for a finish…

Over all, a very good movie, despite the heroine lead again and her shite speeches.

Silence is a fantastic movie -The Japanese are the greatest people on the planet.

Sing Street was moderately enjoyable but people appear to be giving it a free pass on the worst ending of all time

1 Like

I gave it a solid 7. The snakes were outside the plane rather than on it.

Pure Dublin southside 80s movie. 4/10 for Spidey.

1 Like

Is it floating in android space?

Moderately enjoyable is being generous. It was a pretty shit. I have no idea where the Golden Globe nomination came from.

2 Likes

+1 on all of that.

The Golden Globes are a joke, abunch of auld fellas who miraculously wedged themselves onto an awards season way back when and now have gotten credibility. They nominated Sing Street for best comedy or musical but then never nominated any of its songs. Awards Seasons are laughable anyway, but the globes take the biscuit entirely.

Fwiw the ending is dreadful imo, but the entire film is wish fulfillment, its not meant to be drilled into for hidden meaning or anything. It’s enjoyable escapism, which is summed up by its ending.

Always room for enjoyable escapism in the movies.

And Drive it like it’s Stolen is a classic.