Google Earth

My guess is that the conversation is converted into text by the voice recognition software on the phone, then only keywords are sent back to Google. The amount of data used in the process would be negligible.

I will post in the stag thread tomorrow mate. I’m not firing on all cylinders today.

And that’s why I’m a lowly excel jockey. Never even thought of that.

Yet again the paranoia is proved right.
The CIA have been able to hack Samsung smart TVs and turn them into eavesdropping devices, obviously their job has been much easier now by everyone installing actual listening devices (echo etc ) for them.

2 Likes

Unreal. My brother-in-law was always telling me this was happening.

6 Likes

What’s going on in China with their new “social credit” system is exactly what the Runt predicted would happen when companies and governments started getting access to so much information on peoples every day lives.

1 Like

What is the story with that?

Basically the government monitors every aspect of your life and uses it produce what it terms a “social credit score”. Things like speeding tickets, spreading false information (i.e. anti government), late payment of taxes etc would all result in a low score. Figure released this week show 23m people with a low score were banned from buying plane and rail tickets.

the tin-foil hat crowd might be on the ball after all

They are using gamification to ensure mass obience to government defined acceptable standards.

Poor game performance restricts your access to health-packs, reloads, skins and vehicles.

Neat

There was a Black Mirror episode that had a very similar concept, though it was more based around ratings people gave you rather than tickets, fines etc.

It would probably only work in this country if offenders had to use public transport.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-10/is-anyone-listening-to-you-on-alexa-a-global-team-reviews-audio

The right man can tap into a light bulb.

Google keep a track of all your purchases:

https://myaccount.google.com/purchases?pli=1

Ye laughed when the Runt was trying to warn ye. Laughed.

1 Like

It’s all fucked

Some Limerick lad came in drunk this morning and fucked everything.

Rajesh never made it through probation and is back doing what he does best.

1 Like