Graham Hunter - Football "Journalist"

[quote=“Kinvara, post: 453098”]

See my post above, he’s already been on the breakfast show during the world cup.

How does it work with these lads they get on the phone, would he get an appearance fee or something?

Wouldn’t get a spoofer like him on the peerless Football Weekly.

He writes for The Herald in Scotland I think.

Certainly was a journalist in Scotland before heading off to Spain in the first place, not a very famous one I don’t think but he was a journalist of some sort there and then he decided to make a go of it in Spain.

Infuriating to see him getting all the business to be honest. He’s so clearly making up so much stuff.

I don’t have much time for Ken Early on Off The Ball but at least you know he’s just giving his opinion and he’s fairly clear on that. Hunter just mixes facts and opinion and peppers it all with some names and outrageous claims of having spoken to the key protagonists in every story.

Typical name dropping stuff from Hunter. Tweet from him:

For those who admire Barry Bannan, Houllier told me yesterday that he ‘rescued’ Barry’s career cos prev mgr said ‘he’d never make a player’.

Bannan would never have got a chance under MON that much is true.

Graham Cunter. .

Hunter just had a ridiculous opening to his Newstalk slot:

Eoin: Graham- you were telling us earlier this summer that Enrique might be going to Liverpool after you interviewed him. I guess the only surprise is how long it took?

Hunter: Well actually I flew over and interviewed him and enjoyed the experience very much. But he didn’t tell me about the Liverpool interest. That came from a very senior person at the club. He called me aside and said, “Graham, you’ve helped us out with a bit of scouting for us in the past so just to mark your card… Liverpool are interested in Enrique.” So the interest is from then. Now what Newcastle also said to me was, “Graham you keep an eye on the transfer market in Spain so you’d have a good idea of a player’s worth. What is the lad worth?” When I told them my opinion they said, “funnily enough that’s only 400k different from what we were thinking ourselves.”

What a fucking clown.

Classic Hunter :clap:

:lol:

Why does no one ever stand up and say shut up you spastic your talking through your hole

1 Like

Has Hunter ever even kicked a ball…

That is fucking hilarious. Has anyone here ever text into Newstalk to slag off this fellow? They generally read out most texts but positive and negative.

Next Thursday night a load of us should all text at the same time when he is on. Would be interesting to see if McDevitt comments on it.

Sounds like a plan, just dont get Bandage to organise it. Chewy is your man.

McDevitt and Earley have being listening to this guy for a good few years now - so I’d be shocked if they didn’t think off the air that he is a complete spoofer.

My gut feeling is that they would ignore the texts, as I’d say they reckon that the majority of listeners fall for his crap thinking he is actually well “in the know” with these characters he constantly name-drops.

Plus they are regular readers of this forum so would be well warned.

Clarkey is Murph.

Hunter is traveling over for their roadshow special in Tipperary on Monday.

How do you get tickets for this?

Well actually, funny that this should be mentioned because I actually bumped into McDevitt in town one night last year and I said to him “Hunter’s an arsehole why don’t you get Sid Lowe and his dog on a lot more” and he chuckled and said “Well, SoulDressing, I knoe you keep an eye on Spanish football but Ken is always having a go at him in fairness.” Funnily enough, the very next night Sid Lowe was on the show again.

They were licking his hole again last night over that roadshow appearance and playing up Ken’s supposed tendency to confront him.

Hunter is over for Off The Ball roadshow tonight.

I believe Sheikh Bo is in attendance on behalf of TFK tonight. Expect fireworks.

“Hindsight is the foresight of a gobshite”