Great Footballing Teams and Club Sides

Liverpool domination. Coincidentally it’s a weak era for football despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Liverpool have lads so bewildered they’d prefer football never came back and clubs folded rather than Liverpool win a league by a record margin containing all of previous year European finalists.

Liverpool are not a great team. They’ve achieved through hard work…not sure why they are being discussed. Man City are far better.

Reading this thread I realized that all of the cities with super clubs, London, Paris, Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester, Munich and Liverpool are also coronavirus hotspots.

Thank god Wimbledon didn’t come to Dublin

:rofl:

This sentence certainly has me bewildered. What on earth does it mean?

2 Likes

It looked that way cos of how much Barca overplayed for Coutinho.

Didn’t Pep kind of pluck Busquets from obscurity ?i don’t think he was that highly rated at 17 or 18. What pep did was amazing in 08/09 but for a finish he lost sight of the point of the game. Actually winning trophies. He’s coming out with this bullshit about playing perfectly and it’s more important than winning. The English journalists love that bullshit. It’s a pity to see what’s become of Barcelona now with the all the money from the Middle East and the awful signings. I think at one point they Had Puyol, Valdes, Alba, iniesta, pique, Xavi, iniesta, fabergas, Messi, busquets and pedro all from the academy playing to a elite level at the same time.

An unfortunate nickname for Pedro there.

4 Likes

Kepa Arrizabalaga and Harry Maguire play for Liverpool?

7 Likes

:rofl:

And the driver mows down the cyclist

Alba trained at Valencia I think but your point stands

This is completely wrong. He won 14 trophies in 4 seasons at Barca, and has continued to win loads of trophies everywhere else he’s been

Na sure it’s Jordi.

His career without Messi is abject failure. He destroyed a brilliant Bayern team and failed to win the champions league with them. He has achieved nothing at Man City Mancini or Pellegrini didn’t. He has an awful transfer record too. He’s been trying to reinvent the wheel for years now and is too focused on trying to play the perfect game as opposed to winning games.

He retained a title at city. Neither Mancini or Pellegrini came close

It’s not really achievement when you consider arsenal, Chelsea and man united were all very weak in his era. Fergie won the premier league title three years in a row twice and a champions league as well. That’s what you’d expect from pep. That’s the sign of a truly great side. Winning your own league and winning the big one in Europe. He wasn’t within an arses roar of it this year again. He’s turned into wenger. More interested in possession stats winning games.

Pep is the greatest manager of all time to take excellent midfielders and turn them into average defenders

2 Likes

I get your point about Biscuits but he didn’t get picked from obscurity… The old man was an ex player and also on the coaching staff at barca… So there was definitely a chance he’d get a shot at atleast. Fair play he mad most of it but the original break was down to good old fashioned Spanish ‘enchufe’ (connections)