Great Sporting Pictures sponsored by Sportsfile (now incorporating videos)

Jesus, I hope there wasn’t any swans in the vicinity.

1 Like

3 Likes

#bubbles

Another nasty hurling helmet injury, this time Killenaule and Tipp hurler Bubbles O Dwyer’s Cooper helmet catches the butt end of a Drom players hurl as the player moves away he unknowingly drags the helmet with him which as you can see results in the strap entering Bubbles mouth. Luckily Bubbles was able to return to the pitch after some quick treatment. Hopefully no long term or serious damage. But this just highlights how unsafe I believe these helmets are, seriously need to look at these helmets and there design. While the helmets do lessen the chance of serious head and face injury, something has to be done about the straps on the sides which can cause serious injury.

He scored two goals in the last few minutes as Killenaule came from 8 points down to draw with Drom.

1 Like

2 Likes

Name the players if ye can.

Christy Heffernan and Terry Donnelly.

No fuckin way that’s Christy,

1 Like

It’s Harry Ryan.

I presume the match is the 1987 All-Ireland semi-final in Dundalk.

2 Likes

Didn’t think Harry played full forward, the dirty cunt of a man.

Sure it’s not Liam Fennelly?

That is Harry Ryan. Liam Fennelly was ff for the ai final.

Indeed a dirty cunt, but not the worst of that generation of Ryans.

2 Likes

3 Likes

That was an outstanding punch, his hand must have been hurting like fuck after given how much of the helmet he caught.

The Rangers never feared the Blue Jays.

1 Like

6 Likes

Interesting looking book here from one of the greats of sports photography, it was featured in the most recent sports illustrated

Here’s a good one from Leifer that wouldn’t be as well known as others.

1 Like

Johnny Giles’s field of dreams, Gloucester Diamond.

1 Like

Haven’t seen the goal on tv but isn’t O’Shea very quick to turn to the linesman here?