Rumbling through this promised land
Tonight my baby and me, we’re gonna ride to the sea
And wash these sins off our hands

Tonight, tonight the highway’s bright
Out of our way, mister, you best keep
‘Cause summer’s here and the time is right
For racin’ in the street

2 Likes

Nobody can sing this song like Randy Meisner did.

1 Like

The best of Glastonbury series on BBC2 is outstanding

L[quote=“myboyblue, post:85, topic:10449, full:true”]

[/quote]

:heart_hands:

One of the great live songs

Read up a bit more on this recently. Apparently Rolling Stone had just released a 100 best guitar players list and Prince didn’t feature at the business end. Harrison’s son asked Prince to feature in the tribute. Prince, as is his want, pricked about a bit with the rehearsal but when he landed that night they could see he was ‘on’.

Petty told the others to follow him and see where he went. Where he went was other worldly and a performance for the ages. That solo was magical even to a pleb such as I. The guitar toss at the end was the perfect kiss off, that you never saw it land made it more iconic, one of those perfect moment, like Ali, don’t throw that final punch.

Clapton was once asked what it was like to be recognised as the greatest guitar player in the world. In fairness to him, the prick, he replied ‘Ask Prince’.

Good songs are good songs always. This looks class and the lads look to be on it

https://twitter.com/wutangkids/status/1723852059567427759?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

That sounds like a rip off of the same question asked of Jimi Hendrix; he replied “Ask Rory Gallagher”

1 Like

TNH

And the one where Zidane was asked and he replied ‘Ask Paul Scholes’ .

TNH

1 Like

Clapton must be one of the odious people in music.

From being an alleged rapist, to being an out and out racist and to being a generally boring and overrated musician.

1 Like

He’s certainly up there, although that crown is well contested given the amount of nonces and creeps in that industry.

he actually admitted to beating and raping pattie boyd. very hard to reconcile that with the emotions conveyed in layla and wonderful tonight