Green Shoots - How Michael Noonan ended the recession

:lol:

The only green shoots I can see is a bit of grass growth at last, petrol and diesel going up to near peak again dole ques got longer yesterday, a massive overly supply of house in the country so the trades men are still fucked, according to the sunday times tourism could go down the toilet altogether next summer.

:lol: :clap: :clap:

Batt O’Keeffe - Batting for You!

There must be somewhere you can send that and win a prize.

I would rather if the the thread title was “Shoot Greens in a recession”

I’ll shoot those crusty cunts anytime I like if you don’t mind. :guns: :ph34r: :guns:

It’s posts like this that make us need a boards.ie moderation style. This is a happy thread for happy posts <_< !!

Well done Bandage, pun of the week :clap:

You must be Conor Lenihan ???

Take a bow son.

:clap:

Again, take a bow son.

EA to create 200 jobs in Galway

International computer games firm Electronic Arts said today it plans to open a European customer service and operations centre in Galway, creating about 200 jobs.

The centre, which will support EA’s Bioware studio, will be operational by 2011. EA already has European game teams in the UK, Sweden, Germany, Romania and Spain.

The Bioware studio is responsible for developing titles such as Mass Effect , Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Dragon Age : Origins .

“The new Irish location for Bioware will help us get closer to our fans in Europe,” said senior vice president of EA Dr Ray Muzyka.

“Galway gives us the right mix of solid technology infrastructure and international recruitment opportunities as we continue to focus on bringing the highest quality gaming experiences to market.”

Did anyone read Morgan Kelly’s article at the weekend? Seriously depressing stuff and this guy has been calling things fairly right all along.

To me things don’t seem to getting any better, nearly worse in fact. my crowd here have nearly halved the work force since I joined, with another 2 departures this month.

You told me that was because you were doing the work of 20 men/30 women.

Things are picking up a bit around the place. The states are well on the recovery road, as are ze Germans.
Limerick city is fucked though.

Are you in Dublin Runt?
Luckily we renewed a three year contact with our major client at the start of this year, but for that we’d be screwed.

I’m on Shannonside, when I joined there would have been roughly 70 direct staff, 12 indirect staff and a regional office employing 10 or so. Now there is about 50 direct staff, 10 indirect and the regional office is gone. I wouldn’t really now how business is going but I’d imagine from the continued lay-offs it can’t be great.

Didn’t see it but I heard about it alright. A realistic projection of the risks and he’s not the first to say it.

With respect to EA news though it is incredible the amount of activity there is in the high tech sectors in Ireland. It so often goes unnoticed because of the sheer size of he disaster in the construction industry but there is a constant stream of new jobs. Had a whole generation of school leavers become software engineers or programmers instead of flooding the country with carpenters, plumbers, and blocklayers we’d be in a much better state.

Dell are actually doing a lot of hiring at moment as well down here from their finance and admin divisions. One of the IDA lads on the radio said this morning that they are expecting another major jobs announcement next week.

Ssshhh. Don’t talk down the economy. You’ll talk us into a double dip recession.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm double dip recession

http://blog.appliedlanguage.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Double-dip.png