Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

I’d be very surprised if Claire’s Rocket is injured!!

2 Likes

Wonder where he’s getting the coke :thinking:

1 Like

:joy::joy: I think 'tis 4/5 he has left in the Derby now, don’t be surprised if none of em are in the final!!

It’s hard to keep a dog grounded when he’s had so much success

7 Likes

The trainer is same fella who had the dog “stolen” last year before it was “rescued” by Christy Keane.

Are you implying he got hooked on cocaine partying with Christy Keane?

That was a great old yarn. Have we heard about that bet that was struck on Clares Rocket yet not to win the Derby and if it will be paid or not? This trainer had a heap of positives on one night last year as well which as far as i understand may have been passed off over some other external reason. I think he said it was dodgy meat. I could be wrong but i think no action came out of those positives.

He was blowing hard at the end of races.

The lads that own this one are real doggy men from Athlaca. The father met one of em in Listowel yesterday. He was devasted over it! But they ran the risk when they gave him to Holland!!

1 Like

I second that, I understand that the owners of Clonbrien Hero are normal people. Sad for them this because there’s going to be a world of publicity around it and they will have their own reputations sullied. Despite having nothing to do with this.

Speculation elsewhere is that a kennel-hand who took care of him during the Laurels in Cork is being blamed. Trainer was in the UK during English Derby whilst the dog failed on three separate nights in Cork. It will be very interesting to see how the IGB handle this. Punishments have long been too lenient and no deterrent to doping. I think they will do something different this time to show the industry is changing. Industry is on its knees.

The son who was there when Claires Rocket was “kidnapped”???

Images leaked online of him and his entourage at an after party

4 Likes

Spokesman for IGB started his interview on Morning Ireland with " can I just say that drug abuse is rampant in all sports, human or animal related " :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Does cocaine make you run faster?
Iv never had it.

Depends if the cops are in chase I’d say.

2 Likes

Another cheat.

2 Likes

No but the greyhound was fierce confident after it and talked the ears off the electric rabbit.

5 Likes

No but it made him believe he was the fastest fuckin dog in the race. The greatest dog in Ireland. The best fuckin dog in the whole world.