Greyhounds Matters 🐐 - Supporting Rural Ireland

Those bags races are crooked as fuck

I stood alongside a man who got the hare stopped in crayford, he had a number on speedial if his dog didnt break. Scary stuff

Ivan Yates on duty at Shelbourne Park.

Virgin Media 2

That’s what I always imagined Master McGrath to be like

Master McGrath was a coursing dog

1 Like

The size of a small bitch was all he was 53lbs for a coursing dog. (I just googled it)

1 Like

Reminiscent of Scrologue Champ the way he finished.

Would he not be better off staying put?

1 Like

Crikey

Fuckin hell, like appointing Nick Leeson as your chief accountant

1 Like

DIARMUID THE BIG QUEZTION EVERYONE IS ASKING IS HOW DROOPYS MALDINI WILL TAKE THE LAST BEND?

I passed his statue this evening

1 Like

Would that be a public sector job?

It’s a semi state body so no clue how jobs in it are classed. They hired some lass as CEO last year who left within a year. An incredibly undynamic organisation I’d say. Not far off life support

2 Likes

A good appointment I would think. He has huge experience in PR and marketing and knows the sport very well. I would have only expected a muppet to take that on so it’s a bit of a coup for them IMO. There is a long track record of people doing abysmal jobs in the top positions of greyhound racing so they are not going to attract much quality to a position like this, he is as good and more than they could expect. Tough job ahead of him to turn things around as I think it’s all doomed in the medium term.

Boyles always have Sarah Kinsella to step into Leon’s breach.

1 Like

Leon has been her boss for the last two years. She’s led him by the nose on greyhounds

Lets just say this move wasn’t through choice

2 Likes

Neasa Hourigan TD on Twitter: “Today I publish my Greyhound and Horse Racing Amendment Bill. #Greyhounds It does 3 things: - removes the default 80/20 fund split - requires a business case to the minister in order to receive funds - allows the minister to retain funds not required. https://t.co/GCZFHyb0EQ” / Twitter

tick tock tick tock - this will kill greyhound racing hopefully