Happy Easter

Me bollox.

Here I am Lord,
Is it I Lord?

I have heard you, calling in the night

I will go Lord, if you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart

:clap:

@ChocolateMice, I was doing a stint on the stationary bicycle a couple of hours ago and I let out a guttural Republican roar when the timer hit 19:16. Is that a cool story, bro?

:clap:

If you were an average punter like @farmerinthecity this would be an amazingly cool anecdote, mate- but i’d expect nothing less from yourself. That’s not to take from the story, it is cool, but you either have Ra-ness or you don’t- you’ve proved time and time again you have.

Hopefully nobody outside Dublin, Meath, Wexford and Galway will have the gall to celebrate the Rising and will stand down all celebrations next year as a mark of remembrance of their forefathers standing down and leaving the Dubs in particular to be slaughtered.

Hill 16 :clap:

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1118794, member: 2272”]Hopefully nobody outside Dublin, Meath, Wexford and Galway will have the gall to celebrate the Rising and will stand down all celebrations next year as a mark of remembrance of their forefathers standing down and leaving the Dubs in particular to be slaughtered.

Hill 16 :clap:[/QUOTE]

The first Vol.unteers to die in 1916 were Limerick men who were sent to tralee to communicate with the Aud- They died trying to avoid the Brits and in their haste crashed off a pier and two men drowned. Gangs of volunteers also arrived into the City on Easter Sunday armed only to be met by other vol.unteers brandishing the notice to stand down. We were ready.

The Daly family were instrumental in the rising (Clarke married into them and was made a free man of Limerick), as was Con Colbert and Sean Hueston, tho not a Limerick man, he spent most of adult years in Limerick and organized the Na Fianna in the county. Then you have Dev and a number of other men on the ground.

Your cheap shots won’t work around here, bucko.

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1118809, member: 168”]The first Vol.unteers to die in 1916 were Limerick men who were sent to tralee to communicate with the Aud- They died trying to avoid the Brits and in their haste crashed off a pier and two men drowned. Gangs of volunteers also arrived into the City on Easter Sunday armed only to be met by other vol.unteers brandishing the notice to stand down. We were ready.

The Daly family were instrumental in the rising (Clarke married into them and was made a free man of Limerick), as was Con Colbert and Sean Hueston, tho not a Limerick man, he spent most of adult years in Limerick and organized the Na Fianna in the county. Then you have Dev and a number of other men on the ground.

Your cheap shots won’t work around here, bucko.[/QUOTE]

Most of the jackeens went to Fairyhouse that day.

The Cork crowd went to the English Market to pick up stuff for a picnic in Queenstown

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1118794, member: 2272”]Hopefully nobody outside Dublin, Meath, Wexford and Galway will have the gall to celebrate the Rising and will stand down all celebrations next year as a mark of remembrance of their forefathers standing down and leaving the Dubs in particular to be slaughtered.

Hill 16 :clap:[/QUOTE]

hill 16? wtf?

a terrace named after a battle in galliopli,changed so the gga could pretend to be nationalist

[QUOTE=“ChocolateMice, post: 1118809, member: 168”]The first Vol.unteers to die in 1916 were Limerick men who were sent to tralee to communicate with the Aud- They died trying to avoid the Brits and in their haste crashed off a pier and two men drowned. Gangs of volunteers also arrived into the City on Easter Sunday armed only to be met by other vol.unteers brandishing the notice to stand down. We were ready.

Your cheap shots won’t work around here, bucko.[/QUOTE]

So the Limerick lad supposed to drive Con Keating to the Aud didn’t know his left from his right and drove off a pier in Killorglin causing the Aud fail to land its payload of munitions thereby leading to a failed Rising

The one leader who survived was Dev and so Limerick is directly accountable for partition, the formation of a repressive Catholic state leading to industrial schools , censorship, women being relegated to second class citizens, magdalene laundries and sexual abuse on an industrial scale.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1118832, member: 2272”]So the Limerick lad supposed to drive Con Keating to the Aud didn’t know his left from his right and drove off a pier in Killorglin causing the Aud fail to land its payload of munitions thereby leading to a failed Rising

The one leader who survived was Dev and so Limerick is directly accountable for partition, the formation of a repressive Catholic state leading to industrial schools , censorship, women being relegated to second class citizens, magdalene laundries and sexual abuse on an industrial scale.[/QUOTE]

they also surrendered to cromwell

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 1118832, member: 2272”]So the Limerick lad supposed to drive Con Keating to the Aud didn’t know his left from his right and drove off a pier in Killorglin causing the Aud fail to land its payload of munitions thereby leading to a failed Rising

The one leader who survived was Dev and so Limerick is directly accountable for partition, the formation of a repressive Catholic state leading to industrial schools , censorship, women being relegated to second class citizens, magdalene laundries and sexual abuse on an industrial scale.[/QUOTE]
in the interests of historical accuracy, the Industrial Schools were established under the Industrial Schools Act 1868 and the first Magdalen Asylum opened in Dublin in 1765. By all means go off on a rant, but keep it a bit real.

Part correct- However, I’d ask you to dig deeper as to why the nation as a whole accepted church rule- I’d largely blame O’Connell myself, who used the priests as his personal army to collect his war chest of a penny a go off the peasantry and their stature grew from there, he also killed off the Irish language and wanted us to subscribe to middle England values… The problem is that because our natural leaders, the Catholic gaelic aristocracy left us for foreign shores (From Limerick :)) we were largely rudderless for most of the 18th century and suffered a major loss of identity and thus, throughout the 19th century Irish identity, and with it Irish nationalism, evolved with Catholicism at it’s centre, they were one and the same until very recently I’d argue. Dev and co only bought into what they had been weaned on but should never had stood by to led them fiddle…

They waved union jacks when queen victoria landed at kingstown, the horrible bastards.

Dublin’s Mayor :clap:

[MEDIA=facebook]10152816945472914[/MEDIA]

Sorry lads :oops:

A roaster effort