Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

AP McCoy isn’t a sports man !!! And they look after their diet and fitness for the bones of 15 -20 years .

To get to the top you have to be skilful

Spud hockey isn’t a skilful game once you master the basics. Catch it and hot it hard

Shinty is more skilful. The scotch don’t go on about it

Didn’t he walk the bbc spoty, beat all your premier league players athletes rugby players , .?

So do supermodels

1 Like

That isn’t really true in my opinion. A lot of jockeys are amateur because they can’t make the weights. It’s not because they aren’t good enough it’s because they are too tall.

Or too fat.

Ok this must drive lads mad , rugby is number 3 of the hardest sports to master in the world . We need to start to appreciate the rugby lads a bit more .

Think I saw hurling #24 or #25

I’m not having a go at you here but you didn’t play at an ‘OK level’ in soccer really. The level you played at is as far removed from the top level of the game as u9 camogie is from senior inter County hurling. The levels in soccer are unbelievable. Stepping up from one to the next is huge although it doesn’t seem like that to the naked eye.
It seems like hurling can hardly get to a higher level than it is now but obviously if 100s of millions played it from all different races and physical make ups and all the innovation etc that would come with that the level would be much higher. It makes no sense to say otherwise

Rugby is a game of territory. Similar skill levels are required to play capture the flag.

1 Like

Why do you think jockeys aren’t sportsmen?

The horse is the one running

2 Likes

So you think the same of cyclists? The bike is the moving object

1 Like

You’re only really talking about the top 4 or 5 amateurs. Huge drop off after that.

1 Like

Played at the highest level it’s a great . Great to watch ,great to play. Plus they seem to get all the girls after the game :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

A dentist won the gold cup ffs .

True enough but that isn’t really addressing my point

Eh, no. The bike can’t move without someone pedalling it

1 Like

Fine Gael defined rugby recently by placing it on the same category as wrestling and boxing. That has made up my mind on it.

1 Like

A horse is a living animal that weighs a tonne or more. It needs to be restrained and cajoled. It is an incredible feat of balance, strength, skill and timing to be able to do it, perched on a very small centre of gravity for a few minutes.

The bike helps the cyclist, the horse helps the jockey.