Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

That’s true, but absolutely nothing to do with what I said mate.

No my point is you can tip away as an amature and in the lower leagues and still make it at the top .

And why are you tagging me with this mate?

You seem interested, and your opinion is valid .

My point was only in response to one that English kids are technically more advanced, if that’s a thing. They are scouted and signed from the age of six.

I played in the NBA. Didn’t give LeBron a puck of the ball

My point being I don’t think they are more athletic, braver, stronger or more talented, or even better coached. Just more coached. And it consumes their lives and that of their families, and they usually end up on the sporting scrapheap regardless.

2 Likes

Stephens not be seen as a good baller?

What?

Ah sure a relative of @mickee321 used to cart a few of us Desmond League players to trials all over the place. It was like the Beverley hillbillies, we were never coached and and we’d be rocking up against all the city lads, know nobody and never get a touch of a ball.

1 Like

Would the Top 50 GAA players all manage a pro career at soccer?

Not a fucking chance

FFs

Yes.

No, and Messi couldn’t play intercounty GAA either.

ah men him and Mr.Delaney tried to bring football to the countryside , Michael Healy Rae in fairness had the decency to at least acknowldge that fact in the dail a while back
whatever can be said about men like that at least they tried, how many games did you go to where you got changed in the car, soccer clubs barely had pitches, let alone training rooms- 4 corner flags on a farmers field was considered normal

3 Likes

Ever see the clip of Defoe

Played gga for 5 mins and was better than Brogan

2 Likes

Did Defoe play in a competitive game?

For some reality here…football was manion and Cluxtons first sport. They didn’t play at a high level

Similar enough with Connolly

Lots of college lads can play baseball and nfl at top levels . A few gaa lads went over and had a successful career in the premiership.