Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

I remember getting changed in a barn / store room of a pub in Feenagh, then crossing through two field via gaps in ditches to get the field.

Was a great session in the pub afterwards.

2 Likes

Footix alert

3 Likes

You don’t think Defoe would be good enough for London leitrim or limerick

soccer has come on in leaps and bounds tho
@TreatyStones is right, stephen irelands ould fella used to take us for adoc sesssions when we were 12
coaching only started really when we were 14 maybe - there was nothing before that - but shur it was the same with gaelic football, a game of backs and forwards and then go over to aghada on the boat and there’d be a scrap

1 Like

The Scots beat us every year in ground hurling . So the ground skills aren’t the best.

the country games were like that, but then you’d go to play mayfield utd or ringmahon and you’d be scared of your life, well i would be- at least half the team were at home and relished a game in the middle of a housing estate - mental shit

Those rubby comments really cut you deep…2 days straight you’re swinging

We played a crowd called Tramore Athletic (from Cork) in a quarter final of the Munster Youths cup. I scored a goal late on to win it. There was fuckin bedlam. We fought for 5 minutes solid on the pitch after it.

They all came back to our local then and we had a good laugh about it. Great days.

1 Like

I loved playing Mayfield up there.

Youd have some lads shitting themselves alright.

If you have the ability and play any sport from a young age, no reason you can’t master it and play at a high level. A lot of kids in the US would play baseball and football from age 6-8. It’s very rare to pick up a new sport and reach a high level as an adult though.

Never saw him play GAA so can’t say.

There were lads on here saying McGregor would beat Mayweather because his “punch” was stronger , I feel I need to remind dopes like yourself that there are levels to sport. Some of the rugby lads are the best athletes we’ve ever seen , and you go having a cut at poor john hayes. I’m sure you’ve cheered on hurlers who were hungover on the pitch thinking they were gods .

Lol

1 Like

Michael jordan was shite in high school and is considered the greatest sports man of all time .

you know the man in question and you’d probably have to know him to really appreciate the body language here

anyway there was a gang of them in helsinki in 2017 when Mr delaney was about to be elected to the uefa executive,
anyway , JD was doing ferocious campaigning and Franz Beckanbaur asked the uncle in his finest german accent
" well mr. mickee321 can you tell me about this john delaney what has he done for football"
anyway our man- spits out the Major and stamps on it, snarls, looks Beckanbaur in the eye and says to him in a west limerick accent
" do you see that fag but there, you do dont you, well before john delaney came on board thats where soccer was in ireland on the fucking floor ( goes down to grab it), well ( slowly rising with blood boiling, John Delaney fucking dragged soccer , dragged the fucking thing off the fucking floor and gave it some respectability"

story told to me by Mr John Delaney at my uncle’s funeral in sept 17

( i really havent done this story justice btw) - beckanbaur apparantly was shocked by these men
JD was elected ( all the germans voted for him)
He finished ahead of David Gill and a Polish lad Boniek

12 Likes

I never abused him. And I don’t think you even know what you’re arguing to be honest… You keep mixing physical attributes up with skill. There’s no one denying there’s a physical element to rubby and some of them can even run fast, but that’s fuck all to do with difficulty levels and high skilled technical ability.

I think you need to step away from the keyboard.

yellow and tanoray orange hoops
they were scutty old fuckers allright

Are they ballinlough?

You’re a fine man to talk about rough places to play ball.

Cobh is a cunt of a place, be it wanderers or Springfield to play. Mad cunts to a man. If you’re lucky they’ll start fighting with each other, they nearly always fight with each other

That’s put me in great form going to bed tonight.

they were douglas back in the day i think?
cmere - you had to play against Cobh Town or Cobh Celtic to really experience it
teams tend to implode allright - ive been on a few like that