Has anyone played soccer in scumhole council estates?

You said Jordan was shite in high school. If you want to argue against lads saying the talent is there at 6, then argue that point. Dont write up bullshit comments that a player was shite in high school when he won the best player award of a game with the best players in the country.

4 Likes

He wasnt exactly a lebron in high school , he wasnt the tallest or strongest, ya when he was 18 I’m sure he done his growing and his doping and was tip top and won the best basketball ball boy in all of america award .

yeah it was alright. The one where the player said “good game Michael” after winning and Jordan went out and made absolute shit of him then in the following game, even though yer man never said it or went at Jordan. I see it with the Patriots a lot too. Brady is the same, calling out journalists who write him off, even though 99% of them call him the best ever. He finds the one or two Max Kellermans and Rob Parkers who do take him down a peg and uses that as motivation. “We’re still here” when they won against the Rams, as if they were gone.

Hows my bullshit now . Back in your box now

You’re having a complete meltdown because a few lads made fun of rubby.

1 Like

Two of the worst places to play matches in Limerick were star rovers field down the island and garryowen green.

Garryowen green, no dressing rooms, you’d get changed on the side of the field, pile the gearbags and the worst sub would lie on the pile to mind them.

Moyross, was Moyross @Thomas_Brady. Fellas used to walk across the old pitch there by the boxing club as if there was no match going on. If you played a 2pm kick off of a Saturday it was dicey enough

Star Rovers was fucking lethal. Only one way in and out and the field is blocked in by the Shannon. There’s always be a load of malnourished looking children looking to rob anything that wasn’t tied down

1 Like

Wembley is shocking too

Out in Rathuard?

The one under the bypass near the weigh in pub

I last played out in Moyross around 2016 — 10.30 Sunday morning — shur they were falling out of houses from the night before and on the sidelines drinking cans and smoking joints. I may have incensed the home crowd with a bit of filth… But yeah, Star was bad … used to be a fine club in the 70/80s but by late 90s it was bad… Croom was also an awful place to play… Scobes lined out roaring abuse. They usually fell out with each other tho.

1 Like

Croom wasn’t so bad for us because Lanny Hayes had moved out from Hyde Road and formed allegiances out there.

I think Hill Celtic moved into that field and Wembley got a lovely set up out in Rathuard

1 Like

Carew Parks old pitch behind Krupps was a fucking nightmare as well now I’m thinking of it :joy:

I’m sure Cals Park and Hydes new field in Weston was no walk in the park either

Mackey park in castleconnell is another bad away day.

1 Like

The rathuard pitches were the best around although I only got to play on them in interfirm when they were in lovely condition for the summer.

The main pitch in the fair green is the best surface in town at least it was when I was playing.

I must say the standard of pitches in the munster senior league and facilities around them are very high.

Outside the premier division in Limerick youd be going to some shit holes

With its wonderful rolling hills

Why is castleconnel so rough lads? Being a townie I was always under the assumption it was posh.

Lisnagry were some shower of scuts as well

The limwick tourism board will be reading this thread through their fingers

1 Like

They’re marketing the edge now mate. They could make a package for adrenaline junkies to go play matches in the estates

2 Likes