Hay Fever

Hay Fever
Sinus Infection

A thread for logging your accounts of it and perhaps treatments you can happily say help you.

Me.
Think I have it.
I definitely have a sinus infection

2 Likes

Only start getting hay fever in my late 30s.
Telfast usually does the trick.

Working from home with windows open is a nightmare. Brand new when in aircon office in town

I never had it either until last year.

My job entails working outside :joy::man_facepalming:t2:

Luckily on the medical card. I leave blackout blind in bedroom down throughout the summer. I get opatanol eye drops, Avamys nasal spray and Cetirizine tablets every two weeks.

I remember rolling my eyes at @KinvarasPassion and his tales of saline rinsing back in the day…

Nobody’s laughing now :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

NeilMed sinus rinse with the salt packets every morning and evening time too if things are really bad.

2 Likes

I can barely function here. I took to the bed for an hour there but there’s no peace to be had. I’ve pins stuck in the corners of my eyes and a cat scrabbing at my sinuses, the muscles around my nose are actually going into spasm. I’ve promised the reprobates a barbecue and there’s a hape of wee jobs to do outside. Nothing works
I may offer it up for my sins.

Get montelukast on prescription - it’s an asthma drug. My older lad has really bad hay fever and that works when nothing else does

2 Likes

A hot shower will help too

1 Like

Morning chief.

Any better?

@glenshane 01/03/22 “im sick of you city slickers lecturing us about Climate change, we farmers are the custodians of nature & are at one with the land”

@glenshane 13/6/22 “i cant handle pollen”

The clarity from a good nasal rinse is indescribable.

Farmers who suffer from hay-fever are probably the most noble members of our most noble occupation. We should probably get a grant, or some class of ‘kill bonus’

Have been given this to see can it settle my sinus issues down. Hope to fuck it does.

1 Like

:astonished:

1 Like

I think this stuff has nearly kilt me too

1 Like

What happened to you ?

Severe flu like symptoms & tightness in chest with cough. No energy whatsoever.

So bad it felt like first bout of Covid.

1 Like

But no hay fever !

Still Hayfever symptoms……

I’m struggling badly with sinus infections hence trying this stuff.

13 days in and bam, keeled over with aches shivers and bed ridden for 36hrs

2 Likes