Hearts v Celtic - Wednesday night

He had a shot on 64 minutes that was blocked but massive egg on your face. Great refereeing to send him off and now he misses the last game of the season. Fucking crazy. “The authorities” apply to the letter of the law depending on who’s involved.

Jeez that’s shocking. Anything happen in lead up to it?

Yes it was provoked by Gary Hooper scoring.

Fuck this.

Fans, team and management tonight are magnificent in the face of this shit.

Commons with his customary goal, as predicted, but I can’t believe he’s been sent off.

Disgusting stuff.

Game has been tailor-made for Ki since the sending off in particular but he’s been first class. Involved a half dozen times in the second goal, he has controlled the tempo of the game from midfield and kept the ball flowing from defence to attack and shuttling it out to the wings too. Need him to press on and do that in more crowded midfields, as he did at Ibrox in the cup, great to watch tonight anyway.

Was going to make the exact same point. He’s been brilliant in the second half. Like you say, he needs to press on and do it all the time. If he can boss games at the Bastard Garden and in this shitpit then he should be able to do it all the time home and away.

There was incredible pride in those Hoops* tonight. Superb display from Celtic.

• plain lime green

I would also like to retract my earlier comments and commend Lenny on some good tactical choices. :clap:

Moving Mulgrew onto the left hand side worked well. He tucked in when required, linked well with Izzy as the game developed and he was an aerial outlet too. I hope Lenny’s learned once and for all now that 4-2-4 with two out and out wingers leaves us short in the centre of the park. We need someone with a bit of presence that can help out the central midfielders on one of the flanks.

Sunday should primarily be a celebration. A celebration of a man called Neil Lennon. Let the rest take care of itself.

Sunday May 15, 2011 = Neil Lennon Day.

Here’s a higher quality version of Lennon being attacked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQR_zqf_P4

Here’s how Ewan Murray is “reporting” it in the Guardian:

[indent]The Celtic manager Neil Lennon was attacked by a fan during the second half of their match at Hearts. Photograph: Lynne Cameron/PA
Celtic’s manager, Neil Lennon, was attacked by a supporter from the main stand at Tynecastle in an incident that overshadowed the visitors’ victory which takes the Scottish Premier League title race to the final day of the season.

Early in the second half a man ran towards Lennon and attempted to punch and grab him round the neck. The assailant made some contact with Lennon but was swiftly wrestled to the ground by coaches in the visiting technical area. Lennon responded by kicking at his assailant himself as police and stewards intervened.

Given ongoing security issues surrounding Lennon, his shaken look was of little surprise, but he was unhurt.

A section of the Celtic following subsequently became embroiled in fighting with the police and stewards. It was another grim chapter in an ugly Scottish campaign; fittingly, the match finished 10-a-side.

The chief executive of the Scottish Football Association, Stewart Regan, issued an immediate statement in condemnation of the Lennon affair. He said: “Clearly this kind of behaviour from supporters is wholly unacceptable. The safety of players, club officials and match officials is paramount on or around the field of play, and this clear breach of security is a matter I will be discussing with SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster tomorrow.”

Fixtures between these two teams have taken on a fresh, toxic twist in recent times but not to the scale of tonight. Hearts’ security arrangements will be the first thing under the scrutiny of both the SFA and the SPL as they pick through events tomorrow morning. There was little shock about the appearance of a Celtic security official alongside Lennon as he took to the pitch to acknowledge visiting supporters at full-time.[/indent]

The Lennon “kick” is hardly a kick. He was attacked. It’s not clear if he kicks your man or not. He certainly struggles to get free of the guy who jumps on him. Saying he “responded” with a kick is distorting the truth wildly.

Then the Celtic following became embroiled in fighting.

Hearts meanwhile have to examine their security arrangements.

What about Hearts needing to examine the scum who attend their games? What about the chanting at Neil Lennon? What about them booing him?

This is wider than a “stewarding” issue and I’m stunned that the Lennon retaliation speculation got in there. If Lennon had retaliated with that cunt lying on the ground he’d have known all about it.

Shocking piece by Murray, who coincidentally is a Hearts supporter. It’s mental…the night the huns lost the plot with the 3 red cards in the cup replay and McCoist / Lennon had their final whistle spat, I predicted on that Lennon would be vilified and blamed by the Scottish media and so it happened. Reports like Murray’s above are already putting a Lennon partly / equally at fault twist on things. It’s fucking disgraceful but nothing is beyond those cunts.

Booing him? Ffs. GC supporter giving out about the level of scum following the opposition is fairly ironic. If Lennon did indeed kick that clown on the ground he is no better than them. Maybe the journo had a better view than your Internet stream. Convenient of you to gloss over the antics of the GC supporters there too.

Does that result take it into the last day?

Believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcOy2Fewafo

I could have predicted that the next person on this thread would be that clown.

An Internet stream? It was on tv ffs. And the idiot still thinks he’s in a position to comment on the incident and the match itself, despite not seeing it himself (or any of the match). Reminds me of the time he assured everyone Commons is fat and slow.

It’s an awful article from Murray. In fairness Sky were apoplectic about it and rightly so. McCann (ex-Hearts obviously) wasn’t buying their official statement either saying it meant nothing without actions.

^^^

This knob is clearly looking for a reaction. I’d advise ignoring him.

Seriously mate, go and kill yourself.

Commons was certainly fat and slow in his Derby days.

I’m commenting on the hypocritical nature of your argument and the piece in the guardian. Don’t have to watch the game to comment on those. The GC conspiracy brigade are nauseating. Attack the media and don’t mention the fans that were attacking police and stewards. A cosy mix of martydom, hypocrisy and conspiracy as always.

Nice one. Any suicide attempts lately yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdGMkYFTTrg

Up the RA.