Hey hey hey all you young girls wherever you're at

I got a brand new Cadillac I got a Ferrari too

:eek:

Farmer is Bill Roache

This is not the way to attract new users to the forum…

Oh dear.

It seems like I didnt think this through.

It is a line from a song by Sid’s old friend Captain Beefheart.

I hope someone like Thrawneen or Fagan O’Dowd come in and verify my story.

so captain beefheart was protecting jimmy saville ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfa6j_ru4x4

Hey kids, wanna come play with “Captain Beefheart”

One of the best songs ever. Sure 'nuff baby, sure 'nuff and yes I do.

Did you ever try to get into Trout Mask Replica anyone? There’s a fantastic documentary on it, narrated by John Peel, if memory server me correctly. The album is insane though. I love what it stands for but “Ella Guru” is about the only song I can listen to in a sober state.

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 767479, member: 129”]One of the best songs ever. Sure 'nuff baby, sure 'nuff and yes I do.

Did you ever try to get into Trout Mask Replica anyone? There’s a fantastic documentary on it, narrated by John Peel, if memory server me correctly. The album is insane though. I love what it stands for but “Ella Guru” is about the only song I can listen to in a sober state.[/quote]

I don’t know. I like Beefheart and admire what he was trying to do but Trout is a step too far for me. Safe As Milk is more accessible yet still completely off the wall.

This shit was the late 60s. Completely out there. I mentioned Pere Ubu to you before Thrawneen - hugely influenced by the Captain. The influence can be traced right up to the Pixies.

Moonlight on Vermont and Dachau Blues are the only two I can listen to off Trout Mask Replica by the way.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 767484, member: 24”]I don’t know. I like Beefheart and admire what he was trying to do but Trout is a step too far for me. Safe As Milk is more accessible yet still completely off the wall.

This shit was the late 60s. Completely out there. I mentioned Pere Ubu to you before Thrawneen - hugely influenced by the Captain. The influence can be traced right up to the Pixies.[/quote]

There’s a great clip of Pere Ubu on some 80s US late-night TV show…the song is called Breathe, iirc. It’s amazing. They also do a number with Debbie Harry. Waiting for Mary or something it’s called. Listen and watch it and then have a look at much-hyped (and really rather good) late 90s Brit hopefuls Ultrasound, the dude just ripped off his whole style. Frank Black pretty much did the same, you’re right. Great band. And Dave Thomas seems like a real nice guy.

He seemed like a nutter any clip I saw him performing on stage. That was obviously an act.

The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu 1978. Groundbreaking (even if Beefheart had started the ball rolling 10 years previously).

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 767499, member: 24”]He seemed like a nutter any clip I saw him performing on stage. That was obviously an act.

The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu 1978. Groundbreaking (even if Beefheart had started the ball rolling 10 years previously).[/quote]

Non Alignment Pact.

Opening track of The Modern Dance.

Starts with a screeching guitar which gives way to a post punk riff and a terrific lyrical performance.

:clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZty5DTmpMY

I know it’s been alluded to earlier but what a disgustingly insensitive thread title by farmerinthecity only minutes after the Stuart Hall news broke.

its a knockout blow to his victims