HIIT/Circuits/Weights Goals 2021

I tend to do lower reps and lots of sets, working my way up in weights.

Iā€™d been living in the gym for most of 2019, and when I could in 2020. Iā€™d say I miss them more than pubs at this stage

1 Like

2018 was my peak gym experienceā€¦ Then I had to go and have a kid in 2019 and that was that.

I was squatting 200kg
Deads 160kg
Bench 110ishkg

I can barely lift my knob now.

2 Likes

200kg is an enormous squat. Once I get close to 100 my back goes all Cork in an All Ireland semi final and just implodes. I botch out now and do hack squats and leg press mainly.

Bit odd having a squat so far ahead of your deadlift? Most people would be the opposite.

The deadlift was the one that got my back unless I did sumo liftsā€¦ I wont be going that heavy in squats or any weight again. Medium weight and lots of reps. Itā€™s no coincidence that my back hast gone since I was last at the gym last summer.

I had savage back problems resulting from a bad car accident. Getting my deadlift sorted completely cured them. I absolutely love deadlifting now.

Yeahā€¦ I probably need to go back to the start with deads , just bar, and build them upā€¦ I miss going to the gym in old ripped smelly clothes and banging around a load of weights as every other cunt around me thinks they are in a fashion show. Lads with all the latest labels , shaved chests, prancing about looking at themselves in the mirrorā€¦

Yeah I love lifting weights. I dont care how I look doing it anymore. Happy enough with just getting stronger. Cant really do that with home workouts

Plus there is no steady stream of young wans walking around at home

1 Like

Couldnā€™t do deadlifts with shit hip mobility but did the trap bar deadlifts. Thereā€™s great satisfaction in them more than any other gym exercise for me - just lifting something heavy and putting it down.

2 Likes

Hello Darkness my old friend Iā€™ve come to talk with you again

Iā€™m new to kettlebells. How do I stop it mangling my wrist when I clean it or press it?

Thereā€™s a bit of a knack to cleans, kind of like a second motion to get under it after the first motion and then finish the movement but I couldnā€™t really explain it as Iā€™ve started on the whiskey.

I did a 180kg deadlift today lads. Chuffed to bits.

4 Likes

you got your arse out of bed :smiley:

2 Likes

If youā€™re counting arse weight Iā€™m one of the strongest men on earth

2 Likes

How many cans of beer is that ??

Thatā€™s serious going. Is that after months of no weight training as well? What would your PB be?

No Iā€™ve been tipping away but on crappy weights.

The 180 is my pb

4 million

Fair play. Lifting those unsuspecting arrivals and carrying them off to the gulag is doing you the power of good.

Cc @Batigol