Hillsborough

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 933152, member: 1796”]@Horsebox this is working for now :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw6Dkyh5oNc
[/QUOTE]
Cheers, pal. I found it on youtube last night when I got in from a few pints but turned it off after 15 minutes-it was a bit too emotional at that time of night and I didn’t want to be brought down from the incredible high I was on.

What were you emotional about you stupid prick? This tragedy had fuckall to do with you or any other oirish liverpool supporting twot. Trying to make out hillsborough has some sort of emotional effect on your life you sickening cunt.

Watch it asap, pal.

http://film.lfc.vn/espn-30-for-30-hillsborough/#more-57

Says the man that was bawling in Manchester airport last night… Go back and enjoy your bacon and cabbage, pal… You’ll be back in tan land in no time eating curry.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 933272, member: 1796”]Watch it asap, pal.

http://film.lfc.vn/espn-30-for-30-hillsborough/#more-57[/QUOTE]

Got 15 mins in, it crashed and is gone again :mad:

Seems to be working here:

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/172435/Hillsborough__30_for_30_Soccer_Stories__ESPN_Films/

Anothet cunt here. Trying to latch onto something terrible that had fuckall to do with you in order to try and show what a great Liverpool “supporter” you are. The only thing you had in common with those poor people was your replica jersey your mother bought you in quinnsworth ( or robbed in the crescent you limerick knack) you sickening prick. Fuck off and dont wasting my time you piece of shit.

Watched it all now. Fairly powerful stuff.

Any working links for the documentary now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDI02jyzH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-_dXmoyTCk

why did Liverpool fans sing 2-0 to the murderers a few years back?

scum utter utter scum

Merseyside vitriol: Oliver Kay responds

It seems like I opened a can of words with a piece yesterday about certain things that were chanted at the Merseyside derby at Goodison Park. Some have accused me of failing to understand the context in which “2-0 to the Murderers” was sung by a number of Liverpool supporters, so here goes…

Sorry to disappoint you, but I do fully understand the context. I’m not exactly a novice when it comes to Merseyside football. But, from where I’m sitting, that context – Everton and Manchester United supporters gleefully chanting “murderers” for years without, it seems, the slightest clue about what happened at Heysel in 1985 – does not excuse what was sung. It doesn’t make the chant funny, clever or brilliant, as some seem to think. The chant sucks, as do the ones that provoked it in the first place.

Some considered it genius because it silenced the Everton taunts (“You should have seen their faces …”) and because it meant that Liverpool fans have “reclaimed” – or at least taken ownership of – the “murderers” tag, much like the gay community has with the word “queer” or the black community has with the word “nigger”. Some have likened it to Tottenham’s “yid” chants or Robbie Fowler’s “reclaiming” of the drug-abuse rumours back in 1999 with his infamous cocaine-snorting celebration. I take the point. I just don’t agree with it.

The difference here is that we are talking about a disaster in which 39 people died. And yes I know it was a disaster that could have unfolded at just about any European match involving just about any English club over a period from the mid-1970s to the mid-1980s and that it took a particular set of circumstances – not least inadequate security arrangements and a crumbling abomination of a stadium, which Uefa should never forgive themselves for selecting – for it to happen when it did. Believe me, I know all that and I have frequently found myself trying to explain these things to people who think they know better.

I also know that a disturbing large proportion of Everton and United supporters take undue pleasure in singing about Heysel in order to score points. I just did not really think that Liverpool fans, of all fans, would try to score points by turning the tables and singing it back in a way that made a joke (whether you like it or not) of a disaster that claimed the lives of 39 innocent football supporters.

Someone called my reaction “fake moral outrage”. There’s nothing fake about it and I wasn’t outraged, just surprised and, yes, disappointed. I could have chosen to ignore the atmosphere on Saturday and particularly the “2-0 to the Murderers” chant, but I felt and still feel very strongly about it - just as I do the United fans whom I have condemned in the past for chanting despicable things about Hillsborough and for making light of their own disaster in the interests of point-scoring. I have often wondered what Sir Bobby Charlton thinks when he hears United fans at Anfield asking “Where’s your famous Munich song?”

It just comes down to what you find acceptable. I don’t find the "murderers” chant acceptable.I don’t find “Without killing anyone, we’ve won it three times” acceptable (and that, unlikely as it may sound, was actually sung by the United players on the pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in May). I don’t find “Where’s your famous Munich song?” acceptable. I don’t find “2-0 to the Murderers” acceptable. I don’t find chants about Michael Shields or Harold Shipman acceptable. I find the chants about Steven Gerrard’s family utterly despicable, as I do the Evertonian “joke” of covering your face with your hand as if to signify someone being crushed at Hillsborough. I actually feel sickened as I write this.

Maybe all of this makes me someone who has spent so long in the press box that he has lost touch with the tribal nature of football’s rivalries. Maybe, but I don’t think so. Maybe it is also possible to get so wound up in that tribal warfare that you lose sight of where the boundaries of taste lie. Some will not care, but, for me, the “2-0 to the Murderers chant” was a long way over that boundary. I know full well what the explanation is. I just don’t think that it constitutes any kind of excuse.

Ding ding- Round 2. Justice for…

[SIZE=6]Hillsborough Wikipedia posts: Government launches inquiry after insults aimed at Liverpool fans traced to Government computers in Whitehall [/SIZE]

The Government has launched an inquiry into revelations that derogatory comments were inserted into Wikipedia entries about the Hillsborough disaster from computers in several Whitehall departments.

“Blame Liverpool fans” was written on the main webpage about the tragedy, in which 96 people were crushed to death in a crowd during the FA Cup semi-final game between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest in 1989.

“Nothing for the victims of the Heysel stadium disaster” – the deaths of 39 people in a crush during a Liverpool-Juventus game in 1985 – was written into a passage about the Hillsborough memorial at Liverpool FC’s stadium, while “This is Anfield” was changed to “This is a Shithole”.

And the name of Liverpool FC’s adopted anthem, “You’ll Never Walk Alone”, was changed to “You’ll Never Walk Again” .

The Liverpool Echo newspaper reported that it had linked the comments, made between 2009 and 2012, to IP addresses of computers in Whitehall departments, including the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, the Treasury and the Office of the Solicitor General.

In a statement, the Cabinet Office said: “We thank the Liverpool Echo for bringing this to our attention. This is a matter that we will treat with the utmost seriousness and are making urgent inquiries.

“No one should be in any doubt of the Government’s position regarding the Hillsborough disaster and its support for the families of the 96 victims and all those affected by the tragedy.”

Kenny Derbyshire, who was present at the game and chairs the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, said the comments were “totally disgusting”.

“I find it very hard to believe that someone could do something like that. There are some very sick people out there,” he said. “This needs looking into very seriously. Whoever is involved in this should be named and shamed at least. It’s wrong and upsetting for the families.

Mr Derbyshire said if the comments were made by civil servants, then they should face losing their jobs. Margaret Aspinall, of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, told the Echo: “I don’t even know how to react, it’s just so sad. I hear something like that and it upsets me a great deal, it makes me incredibly sad.”

Wikipedia lists individual edits and each is tagged to the author. They can choose a user name or remain anonymous, but the IP address can still be traced.

The Echo established that the IP addresses linked to the insulting comments were ones previously identified as unique IP addresses for the Government Secure Intranet. However this network covers thousands of computers and further investigations by IT experts would be needed to narrow this down.

An inquest is taking place into the causes of the disaster at Sheffield Wednesday’s stadium. In addition to the deaths, 776 people were injured.

They also changed that famous Shankly quote “he made the people happy” to “he made a wonderful lemon drizzle cake.” :smiley:

:clap:

Edit: Not having a go at Shankly, he was a gent and one of footballs good guys.

Justice for Teege.

Fair play, only took the cunts 27 years. I imagine the United fans will have another song done up by the weekend.

Murderers