Hillsborough

Maggie Thatcher has had it coming for a while :clap:

Will anyone realistically be charged?

Or will there be a big payout by the goverment and end of?

Doubt anyone willā€¦ The families will primarily want the original verdict over turned.

54 of the 96 could have been saved on the day! Crazy!

[font=Georgia]David Cameron apologised to the families of the 96 victims of Hillsborough for the ā€œdouble injusticeā€ they had suffered in the wake of Britainā€™s worst sporting disaster.[/font]

The Attorney General will now consider applying to the High Court to reopen the controversial inquests into the deaths which happened at the 1989 FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forrest.

The findings of the Hillsborough Independent Panel, which has spent the past two years sifting through hundreds of thousands of pages of documents concluded that the crush had been foreseeable.

It also raised concerns over the conduct of the inquests and subsequent judicial review as well as the emergency response and the failure of police to take control for up to an hour afterwards.
The report states the coronerā€™s decision to impose a 3.15pm cut off after which it was assumed all the dead were beyond help was wrong. Asphyxiation in 28 victims meant they had taken significantly longer to die while the heart and lungs in 31 of the victims continued to operate after the crush ā€“ 16 for a ā€œprolonged periodā€.

The Prime Minister said that 164 police statements had been amended and 116 negative comments removed and that South Yorkshire Police had been part of a deliberate attempt to smear the dead fans with false claims they were drunk and ticketless on the day of the match.

ā€œIt is right for me to make a proper apology to the families of the 96 for all they have suffered over the past 23 years,ā€ said Mr Cameron

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/hillsborough-23-years-on-finally-an-apology-for-the-coverup-8130456.html

Hillsborough was only a culmination of many near misses that went before it in 81,87 and 88

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtzHVe2mEN0

Indeed she did but somehow i wouldnt say she really gives a fuck.

i despise all EPL clubs but i find the amount of fawning to this cause most disturbing.
This supporters of this rabid organisation has / had one of the worst records in football violence all over the UK and Europe in the 80ā€™s which reached it culmination in Heysel. To have them portrayed here like some bunch of poor misfortunates who were only out to watch a game and police neligence is responsible for them kiling each is bizarre.
The sense of vitimhood here really is quite astounding.

I still dont know what the police have been accused of doing here?
The Forest were in the same ground and managed to walk out ok? the same terrace was packed a few weeks previous for a wednesday game and things worked out ok.
The whole thing is incredibly vague and misleading.

Some cover up by the police. Hopefully the families of the 96 will get their justice.

Youre a gas man Mickee :lol:

[b]Wayne Rooney[/b] ā€[size=3][s]@[/s][b]WayneRooney[/b][/size]

Everyone involved in the cover up of hillborough is a disgrace and need punished

:lol:

+1

Any apology for The Sun who it looks like were misled by the police?

Iā€™m with SO on the victimhood, actively avoiding social networks today so I donā€™t see lads from rural Ireland who were only 5 years old banging on #JFT96.

Iā€™m from urban Ireland. Fuck you dickhead.

In agreement with this. A huge tragedy a sickening cover up, and Iā€™m happy the families have got some degree of closure if thats what you could call it, but the shit on twitter by every tom dick and harry Liverpool fan would sicken you ever so slightly.

Like those cretins banging on about 9/11 yesterday? Your identity crisis is deepening, tinnion.

1 Like

i suppose this means artfoley is off the hook for walking out of Hillsborough that day with a pocketful of jewelry and gold fillings?

+1

I remember it well, and naturally any fan of the club will want to see justice done, but Irish lads banging on with faux outrage/emotion/relief over this is embarrassing. Itā€™s a football tragedy that most decent folk, regarless of affinity, will want to see resolved and the families/victims of the cover up vindicated- but the emotion and outrage belongs to merseyside, not some knobhead for Dublin/Limerick/Cork etc and his social networking page.

I remember watching the game on tv. I was 12

I was 11 cowpath and I knew a few people at it.luckily none of them were killed.you donā€™t here them banging on about it like some of the Irish lads over hereā€¦itā€™s impossible to look at my fuckbook page etc without a load of dross on it from lads that havenā€™t a clue.
Delighted for the families and friends of the victims but it wonā€™t bring any of them backā€¦

A lot of lads embarrassing themselves in this thread.

[quote=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 272228ā€]Any apology for The Sun who it looks like were misled by the police?

Iā€™m with SO on the victimhood, actively avoiding social networks today so I donā€™t see lads from rural Ireland who were only 5 years old banging on #JFT96.[/quote]

Kelvin Mckenzie apologised apparently.