Holiday photos thread. If you can meet with triumph and disaster just the same, then you'll be a man/woman my son/daughter

It looks mildly like Aughnasheelin in fairness with Pol an Easa waterfall.
I erroneously thought he was on a “Search for Shergar” expedition.

1 Like

I thought the same. Was wondering was it even the same place.
That sloth was just at the side of the road yesterday.
Apparently they stay in a tree for a few days eating leaves and the only time they ever come down is to take a dump. When they do this, they walk along to another tree and take it there, to fool predators that they’re in another tree, and then they ramble back to the original one and up. This lad must have been just returning from relieving himself. We went on rubber rings down the Rio Celeste yesterday and were on our way there when the lad spotted it.
When it got back onto the tree trunk it was like predator. Completely absolutely invisible.
The weather up in the hills in the forest the last two nights was thick thick mist and fog, like hound of the Baskerville’s, but still 22 degrees.
We’re going to the beach now for a week, but I wish we had stayed in the hills longer tbh.

5 Likes

Living the dream. You’ll be on Get me out of here next season. Enjoy.
The peiladóirí will bring the bacon home the weekend for you as well.

1 Like

The side of the road stalls are great. You hop out and buy a pineapple for two dollars and a coconut for a dollar. Your man then lops the top off the coconut with a massive machete and you drink it through a bamboo straw. He then chops it in half, and chops the side off and makes you a little spoon from it to scoop out the pulp which is absolutely delicious.
He then slices the pineapple with the machete into slices in about twenty seconds the likes of which you’d see in a restaurant. I’d lose three fingers if I tried it.
The fruit here is the nicest I ever had.
The coffee is all fresh roasted but strangely isn’t any nicer than what you’d get at home.

3 Likes

I have a good feeling about the footballers. I had all year. I had the same with the last great team. It’s absolute bonus country anyway. The footballers and hurlers have already given such great pleasure and excitement.

It’s rained and rained and rained all night. It’s still lashing now. As heavy as ever you’d see.
This is the rain from the leaba

The Med is a big place.

So, having the breakfast and this fcuker just hopped up on the next table and ran off with the sugar bowl.

3 Likes

What is it?

looks like youre all having a blast flatty, and the kids are enjoying seeing the natural world up close and personal.

twas a waste of a ticket bringing madame to sri lanka a few years ago, she wouldnt even feed an elephant when the opportunity arose.

1 Like

Dinner

3 Likes

No idea tbh.
I’ll report back.

1 Like

Looks like a white nosed coati (sic)

2 Likes

I’ll pm when I’m back.

1 Like

One of my bessiers has just messaged me to say the sloth seems to have reminded him of me playing hurllng the east galway inbred hick.
I pointed out I’d not have changed trees for a shite.

1 Like

2 Likes