Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

Pretty much, its BallyFerriter - the last of civilization before you take on Dunquin.

Derrynane for a week. Fish and chips and a few pints in the blind piper

1 Like

Serious conflicts emerging. Should you head for the likes of Kerry and Donegal and the popular tourist spots? Or spend that money in local businesses who’ll need all the help they can get once they reopen.

1 Like

Why not both?

That’s also an option.

Gort
The dingle peninsula
Donegal

In that order

Would you consider Liffey Valley?

Gort Gort Gort

@Locke, have you seen this before?

+1 Dingle is a shithole.

1 Like

Myself and @PhattPike are going on holidays in Limerick for a week

2 Likes

Portmagee is nice

2 Likes

I hope he says yes bro

A few mudslides and all will be kosher

1 Like

No, never saw it before. Must be in the late 80s. Densy :smiley:. What was the bar? Fennellys or the Cosy?

It will be just like the boom all over again, what could possibly go wrong?

Classic, Fennellys , Cosy and I’d say Mickeys where the bar man expands on Hoban and the Whitehouse.
@Piles_Hussain might be able to elaborate on some of the characters, especially the guy who moved into the town 80 years previous similar to the movie “The Spring”.

1 Like

It was a tough watch. Simply because that’s the way it was. Place looked fair depressing but then every small town would have back then

1 Like

I think the bar was actually Lynches. I’ve seen it before, it’s well pre-bypass. Apart from Denzel I only recognised Johnny Wall

Knew Johnny of course and recognise the younger chap with the beard. Lynches! That was well closed by the time I started drinking. I was working off the cars, could have been around 85