Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

The younger chap with the beard ? The, " We love this town" ?

1 Like

Is he one of the Cahills or Carrolls?

1 Like

If we can I’ll head to the North for a week and maybe another week around Donegal or somewhere.

Hotel prices are already absolutely disgusting for August in the Republic

Any of ye ever do that Titanic experience thingy in Belfast? I’ve been threatening to do it for years

You’ll go wherever Leader Tony says you can go and you’ll be dam glad of it

2 Likes

I’m going to do 4 or 5 days in Dogs Bay in June. Will it be open though?

1 Like

Its grand. Worth doing. I was more taken with a tour of falls rd, cultúrlann, Bombay st, Ballymurphy etc.

1 Like

It’ll be open alright. Would it be within your 20km radius? Hard to see how they’ll police some of these measures.

+1 to that.

I’m off to Dunmore as soon as the lockdown is lifted.

North and South Wexford Riviera for me.

The black taxi tour is worth doing if you’ll be in Belfast

1 Like

It’s an 8/10. Some idiot decided that the showpiece reconstruction of the ballroom shouldn’t be open to the public, it’s for private functions only. A committee decision if ever there was one.
They’ve a great little train ride through the ship as it’s being built…
No mention of the bigotry, drowning, ‘accidents’ etc that thevtaigs had to put up with…make sure to ask the tour guide

2 Likes

Kerry is a very unoriginal shout. Plus it will be likely packed this summer as lots of people will be having the same thought. The Beara Peninsula is just as scenic and won’t have the crowds. Dungarvan is a lovely town too: you have a green way, beaches nearby and the Comeragh Mountains have some lovely hikes.

1 Like

You are not allowed to leave the state this year

I wont be. I’ve been like this for 20 odd years.

Think we will head up the road to the Mournes in September maybe when the schools are back. Close to here. Be in Newcastle in under an hour.

I’d be still be a little wary of going to hotels though

I’m done listening to Dr Cervical Check thanks.

5 Likes

Have you a Small child? You mightn’t fancy that trek in a car if so

Newcastle is a grand spot, we spent some time up there a few years ago, the Tollymore national park is a great spot nearby,

But it’s Donegal for me if the sun is shining, up around Glencolmcille and Slieve League

1 Like