Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

‘Tis empty. Did all of the other humans leg it when they saw you coming?

I wouldn’t be a fella who’d take pictures of strangers

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy Red and Blue Trails there

Looks deadly

Savage

As the weather looked alright for today and both of us were off, I said to the Mrs yesterday we’d head up to Newcastle. Of course I forgot it was a bank holiday up there until this morning, but said we’d hit up anyway.

I said we’d go up the coastal route, even though it’s probably 10-15 minutes longer (more the latter today due to traffic in Newry and Warrenpoint). It would let the small one have her nap sorted by the time we arrived. I think I’ve mentioned it before but I think it’s one of the top drives in Ireland, and the sun came out. Got a little duller as we arrived in Newcastle, and we drove on to Murlough Beach. I actually missed the fucking turn initially and we went into the entrance at Keel Point before realising we went to wrong car park. Drove back to the main car park. My first time there and what a gem. Perfect if you’ve a small one, with the boardwalk the whole way down, and loads of little trails in and around the various dunes. The little one was delighted, carrying her size 5 football that she insisted on bringing down the whole way.

After a while there, we strolled back to the car and headed into Newcastle to get some food…busy enough because of the aforementioned bank holiday, and a few places booked out etc. Eventually found a small place doing wood fired pizza, and your man said he’d have a table for me in 15 minutes. Grand job says I, and we head to to the playground to kill some time. At the pizza place, we got two lovely 12" pizzas, a couple of bottles of water and a coke, and your one charged me £11. I had to question why it was so cheap and she told me they were doing the UK eat out government scheme where the customer gets the meal half price. Today is incidentally the last day of the scheme. What a bonus for a right Tipp roaster like myself. I’d been around Newcastle before but never really got to spend much time in it before today…it’s a really nice seaside town. Myself and the Mrs are planning a trip to Slieve Donard @mickee321

Said we’d go back via Tollymore/Hilltown etc as it’s shorter (less than an hour door to door) and smashing views of the Mournes going back. A really great day out.

Not much to show pics wise as my gals are in most of the ones I took, but here’s a shit pic of a boardwalk

20 Likes

Father from Chipp, mother from Limerick Citaay…
neither a big ball stronghold

@Raylan and @Mac any tips and good places for grub in Lahinch? I’m off the week after next for a few days

Take a spin over to the Armada for lunch.

I’m in CentreParks lads. It’s fucking superb. It’s like something from a fillum.

7 Likes

How much was it for the weekend? Will have to do it in the new year

Our kids loved it

Is the pool open again ?

Prices really fluctuate depending on time of year and school holidays.

Barrtra is nice.

1 Like

About 450 I think sharing a lodge with the grandparents. It’s the activities that cost a lot I think. Pool is savage fun for kids. You’d love it here. All bikes no cars.

1 Like

Nirvana

Would you get the bus or train to Longford?

1 Like

Just in from a match, will do a few tips up later

1 Like

Bus

1 Like

There’s a place at the bottom of the town on the corner near all the surf places. Joe’s or something. Best place there