Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

Was there a month ago with grandparents etc. Superb for kids, pool is fantastic and the no car setup works really well.

It’s great for the bikes and the dog. Lovely set up. Finally a reason to go to Longford

1 Like

The oul’ dogs aren’t all that mad about Longford. Just saying.

Looking to rent out a cottage for a couple of days around mid-term. Wexford/Wicklow area, as close to the coast as possible. Any suggestions apart from sticking my thumb up my hole would be appreciated.

airbnb is yer man. how much you looking to spend?

How remote / close to a town or village do you want to be?

Be careful here @Locke. @Mac may be lining you up for one of his pads on the wexford Riviera but its swarming with rats if I remember correctly.

indeed, why go with one of macs rat infested places when you can have one of juhys firetraps in portmarnock :smiley:

Wtf??

No electrical issues anymore. The man came and did it. Still wouldnt let @Mac stay here though.

It’s quite possible you’ve pushed it to the darkest corners of your mind. Stay strong @Mac

You may remind me Juhy. I’ve no clue what you’re on about

Here’s you getting catty with someone else about it. Read a few posts down.

FFS sake :roll_eyes:

Anyway @Locke, plenty of places along the coast for you to choose from. Presume with the newborn you don’t want to be completely isolated away?

As close to the sea as possible would be great.

The Beara peninsula is unreal. The drive from Adrigole to Lauragh over the Healy Pass must be the most scenic in the country, then from Lauragh to Allihies along the coast. Not a Yank tour bus in sight thank God and the Ring of Beara is too narrow in parts to handle vehicles the size of buses. €4.20 for a creamy pint of Guinness in O’Neills in Allihies then down to Ballydonegan beach then. Glengarriff is a good base to do a lot of West Cork/South Kerry from.

5 Likes

Check out Amber Springs (not a cottage)in Gorey, very kid friendly and a few minutes from Courtown.

With the Dubs locked up you might be able to get reasonable rates.

1 Like

Having an unreal good holiday in Wexford.

11 Likes

Headed hiking in the Mournes tomorrow. Anyone members been there?

1 Like

Do you know how Ballydonegan beach was formed?!