Holidays in Ireland thread (Laois is for prisoners)

Cashel (the castle visit) isn’t bad. Not sure if it would bore the kids, but not a bad auld little tour.

2 Likes

Suir Blueway is brilliant. Can Kayak it or rent bikes and do the bike trails instead.
Very good war of Independence exhibition there at the moment but if you are going to Queens Jubilee celebrations this might not be of interest.
If you want a coffee try no Filter on Parnell St. Best coffee in the 32 counties.
Befanis (tapas/lunch) Mani’s or The Bunker all good food options.

2 Likes

Yep Mahon Falls is a grand walk with children. They love paddling in the rock pools when they get there.

Curraghmore, in Portlaw is near enough Clonmel, Lord Waterfords estate is a nice walk. The Nire Valley is just above Clonmel and has some nice walks. You’d also be close enough to the Greenway, Lismore, Mount Melleray and the Liam Lynch monument in the mountains above Clogheen.

2 Likes

If you drive south from Clonmel into the Comeragh Mountains, it’s very scenic after just a few miles. Takes no time. Road heads to Dungarvin which has a beach.

2 Likes

Basically you’ll have a grand time as long as you come into Waterford every day

Is there a Bulmers tour? Could ask them do they really put the arse of the VAT into the Keg’s

1 Like

The Liam Lynch monument is in Tipp. I wanted to spread things around a little.

any nice hotels there, was looking at booking.com and they didnt look great

I’ll ask my cousin

1 Like

I have to wonder would you not be better going to France or Italy though?

I used to stay in the Celtic Royal in Caernarfon. It was grand. That was about 15 years ago now though.

1 Like

Cahir is a lovely town. There’s a fine walkway there.

The corner shop on the square does one of the nicest 99’s you could get.

1 Like

He’s been spooked by the recent scenes of over zealous policing in Paris. He was up to high doh Saturday night into Monday.

this is just for a few days in October mate

im off to Queensland next week for the summer, thankfully i have spare carbon offsets if anyone needs a few

2 Likes

When abouts in October? PM me if you like.

Cahir castle is fairly impressive and from memory you can do a two-parter trip with the Swiss Cottage close by.

1 Like

The Swiss Cottage is closed at the moment I think, we were in Cahir recently, castle grounds are lovely, smashing coffee shop across the road

1 Like

Will @tiger go?

That’s only a myth.

The kegs are actually filled with the slops that gets spilled on the floor when filling the pint bottles .

1 Like

We used go to kiln park too during the late 90’s upto the mid nougthies. I used loved going into Tenby town and pottering around the toy shops, you’d always come home with something that no one else had here. Deffo is a lovely spot.

1 Like

The ferry makes an auld trip to Wales fairly fucking expensive though