Holidays

Don’t you start.

1 Like

There’s no end to this cunts depravtity. He should be on a list somewhere. Probably already is.

@Rocko

I need a few details to tailor my TOP TEN TIPS for your forthcoming holiday.

ie. When approx are you going?
Which type of accommodation have you booked?

I’m going in September.

I believe the chosen accommodation is the Villa Bonita.

Ballyheigue for a week in late July. Can’t wait.

1 Like
  1. Villa Bonita, good choice. Get an inflatable whale when you get there, throw it out in the garden. The kids will knock great craic out of it.
  2. Do your big shop in the supermarket outside the Resort, cheaper and more choice. Go to the Aloha bungalow entrance, turn right when you go out the gate, walk 200m up the road and the supermarket is on the right hand side beside a cafe.
  3. If you like beer, get this one in the supermarket, unreal
  4. Bring a buggy (handy for supermarket shopping transfer)
  5. Go to the Minidisco at 12am and 8:30pm. The kids will love Parky (as will you)
  6. Go to the trampoline with the kids, it’s €2 for 10 mins, worth every cent
  7. Get the rotisserie chicken at the take away, Fantastic. The chips are also good (French fries style)
  8. The beach is about 15 mins walk away, but I wouldn’t bother with small kids. We went down but they lasted 30 mins
  9. The swimming pools were cool enough when we were there so bringing a wetsuit for the kids might be a good idea otherwise they won’t last long in the water
  10. I’m guessing your youngest will be close to 4 by the time you get there so they’ll probably let her into the kids club. We only put our eldest in the last day but they took her no problem (she’ll be 4 in September)
  11. Presume you’re flying to Reus, just get a taxi at the airport if so. Don’t bother with booking transfers ahead of arrival. Cambrils is only 15 mins away

If I think of anything else I’ll let you know

11 Likes

Very comprehensive. Is the disco at midday or midnight?

Actually flying to Barcelona. Prices were enormously different. Half wondering about hiring a car, would you have been tempted to go to Port Aventura or anywhere?

I’m considering wet suits the key tip so far.

@Fran. The Bradley family are heading to lanzarote in August, all inclusive, any tips to make the best of our 10 days would be appreciated.
Tks in advance.

We met Mrs Fran’s cousin there randomly and he flew to Barcelona and rented a car. Said it worked out a little more expensive than buses etc. but very handy to have. Be wary of cheap offers though, they’ll snare you with shit like premium insurance and fuel when you get to the desk.

Didn’t bother with Port Aventura, thought the kids were a bit young, granted if we had a car I probably could’ve persuaded her

Sorry Minidisco at 12:00 or 12:30 and 20:30

I would love to help you mate, but I’ve never been to Lanzarote

Ok. Sound.

Playa Blanca?

Los policos I think, it’s very near arricfe airport. . The hotel is across the road from the beach I had looked for this specifically as many years ago I stayed in a shitty apartments about a km from the beach, that was awkward.
Any experience of all inclusive?

yes…

1 Like

:eek:

You will love it.

Rancho Texas is a zoo/waterpark close to the airport. We spent a day there and the kids really liked it. All inclusive is great with kids but you’ll be fair sick of it yourself after a week. Heading out the odd night for dinner elsewhere helps alleviate this a bit.

1 Like

Cool. I’ll look into the waterpark.
Re the all inclusive. We’d normally do 2/3 weeks in Irish hotels during the year and my lads never stop grazing on holidays …
We’d go B + B basis in the hotels and eat out all week, it’s fecking expensive so I said I’d chance the AI.
I can imagine how I’ll crack up at the same meals for 10 days, still no biggie though to go out at night.