Holidays

I wouldn’t mind going on a good one this year but don’t really have any plans yet as to where I’d like to go.

Initially, I was meant to go to Nepal for 3 weeks with my pal Cathal but that’s fallen through in the last few days so I’m back to square one.

Anyone recommend anywhere they’ve been in the past?

I’d be looking at a week - 10 days max as I’d probably have Jugs and cesc4 accompanying me and 10 consecutive days on the lash is hard fooking work.

Our last big lads holiday was Vegas and San Diego a couple of years ago and we’d be looking for something similar that combines drink, gambling, sport and strippers.

Thanks in advance.

I’m off to Nicaragua and Costa Rica in July Bandage - you’re welcome to come along if you want. No honeymoon is complete without a male third party.

Not sure where I’d recommend on the lines of Vegas to be honest so I won’t try. Croatia is an excellent spot though.

I’m off to Australia for around three weeks sometime around August or September to meet Clarkey, Timofte and iamthegaffer. Better leave it until the very end of September because I don’t want to miss a potential All-Ireland final for Leitrim.

Clarkey if you are watching - get back to me as soon as you can on that mail because I want to start booking soon.

off to Croatia myself in a while, but with the bird. Most of the holidays recently have been with her so havent been on a lads holiday in a while. Last real lads holiday was just over a week in Milan/Monza for a grand prix. Was great craic. Was never really keen on the lads sun holidays to Ibiza or such, would prefer going somewhere different and enjoying a bit of a country while also drinking copious amounts of booze.

where in Oz will you end up going farmer? Or not known yet?

I’d recommend a jungle excursion for you three.

You could on safari in Africa or maybe hit for the amazon

OR

myabe you could take your life in your hands and head for a Carrick on Shannon.

Not only can you observe completely untamed animals but the humans in the area haven’t changed their behaviours for thousands of years. AND apparently the male human species are 8 feet tall in the area.

Well worth a visit, however, becareful if you do decide to go and maybe attempt to befriend a semi domesticated male in the area to offer you some sort of protection.

[quote=“Appendage”]I’d recommend a jungle excursion for you three.

You could on safari in Africa or maybe hit for the amazon

OR

myabe you could take your life in your hands and head for a Carrick on Shannon.

Not only can you observe completely untamed animals but the humans in the area haven’t changed their behaviours for thousands of years. AND apparently the male human species are 8 feet tall in the area.

Well worth a visit, however, becareful if you do decide to go and maybe attempt to befriend a semi domesticated male in the area to offer you some sort of protection.[/quote]

Tut tut - so much anger…

The priests fairly messed you up badly

Think I’m off to Vegas at the end of July for a few days and then either going to Hawaii for 10 days / 2 weeks or doing the West Coast for San Fran / LA and in between. Possibly down to San Diego as well. Was in New York earlier this year. Dont think the dollar will ever be as weak in a long time so taking advantage of it as much as I can!

Did Santa Ponsa for a week a couple of years ago. Utter carnage. We were there the last week in May so thankfully the schools hadnt finished. I’d say the place would be like one long Oxegen festival with 14 & 15 year olds off their heads.

I’d recommend Thailand Bandage - regardless of if you’re going with mates or in couples or whatever. Dirt cheap once you get out there but half the place is so full of southsiders travelling out of Daddys wallet that it can annoy the shite out of you. Not sure about gambling but you’re guaranteed the other 3 things.

[quote=“Mac”]Think I’m off to Vegas at the end of July for a few days and then either going to Hawaii for 10 days / 2 weeks or doing the West Coast for San Fran / LA and in between. Possibly down to San Diego as well. Was in New York earlier this year. Dont think the dollar will ever be as weak in a long time so taking advantage of it as much as I can!

Did Santa Ponsa for a week a couple of years ago. Utter carnage. We were there the last week in May so thankfully the schools hadnt finished. I’d say the place would be like one long Oxegen festival with 14 & 15 year olds off their heads.

I’d recommend Thailand Bandage - regardless of if you’re going with mates or in couples or whatever. Dirt cheap once you get out there but half the place is so full of southsiders travelling out of Daddys wallet that it can annoy the shite out of you. Not sure about gambling but you’re guaranteed the other 3 things.[/quote]

Was in Maui one of the Hawaiian islands last year for a month and it was superb. Well worth a visit imo.

Jesus,Hawaii,Croatia,Australia and South America!!!

I’ve 2 weeks in Malin Head in August,ask for me in McCleans if you can make it.

Argentina Bandage…Check out the extenisve thread on AFR for further info, Buenos Aires city of my dreams man…un fookin believeable…night life, birds, scenery, hr flight from brazilian sunshine, glaciers and skiing…cheap as chips

yeah actually, Buenos Aires is the job alright. Unreal steaks and food, savage women in every sense, great beer and nightlife and nice city and climate. Couldnt ask for more! Cheap as well. handy to have some Spanish, but probably not essential in big cities in Argentina. Would need it more in the smaller towns etc around. Trip out to La boca and going to see La Bombonera is a must.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Tut tut - so much anger…

The priests fairly messed you up badly[/quote]

To be fair farmer those priest jibes are fairly pathetic, and distasteful too.

Thousands of people in this country are affected by sexual abuse, both clerical and non-clerical. There is most likely someone that you know who has been a victim of a abuse but they have to get on with their lives. But they don’t tell people and just try to get on with their lives.

So cop the fook on.

Is Argentina not likely to be relatively cold in the Irish summer?

yep we went to igazu falls an hr norht and it was 30+…buenos aries was like irish spring…cold and sunny…I aint a sun lover and it wouldnt be my first requirement for a holiday

Nor mine but it might piss me off a bit to go on a long holiday and if it rained all the time or something. Great thing about Argentina though is its proximity to both sun and snow if you can afford to do a trip with a couple of bases.

Been taking my “big” holidays in the winter time the last two years. Dubai both times (bro lives out there). Time it to go to the GAA festival run by the Dubai Celts and the next weekend the Dubai Desert Classic is on. Going to Italy in Sept for a wedding, Sorrento. Looking forward to it.

I hope to do a week or two of touring around Croatia and Slovenia in the later later part of this year myself. I’ve a mate from London who just came back from there and claimed that he could get a litre of beer for just over a Euro. Happy times!

I am off to Lanzarote on Saturday for a week.

Roll on Friday 5pm.

:confused:

[quote=“Appendage, post: 83840, member: 11”]To be fair farmer those priest jibes are fairly pathetic, and distasteful too.

Thousands of people in this country are affected by sexual abuse, both clerical and non-clerical. There is most likely someone that you know who has been a victim of a abuse but they have to get on with their lives. But they don’t tell people and just try to get on with their lives.

So cop the fook on.[/quote]

:rolleyes: