Hong Kong

Are the Chinese about to invade?

1 Like

How would we know? They all look the same to me.

“They”? You are they mate.

Different shark Ted.

China China China

That would put it up the Brits

No. They are already there. They’re about to take over alright. And not Conor McGregor style.

1 Like

They can’t be far off.

The Brits will be trying to get a super duper trade deal off them post Brexit, they’ll do fuck all. Not that there is much they could do realistically anyway.

They’ll do a fair bit of shouting. Cos they should still be running the world you see…

Question for the forum:

I would like to show some solidarity with my Hong Konger (Hong Kongian?) brethren. I have read my George Orwell and I think that this is one of the defining moments of the 21st century. The chinks in Beijing have me well rattled.

I would like to join in a protest somewhere in Dublin but I can’t find any solidarity groups online. Does anyone know anything at all about Irish-Hong Kong solidarity groups?

There’s a Chinese restaurant called Hong Kong in Limerick.

Give them a bell, they’ll surely know

1 Like

Yes there’s a Hong Kong lad working in a barbershop I used to go to as well. I might pop in and ask him.

Demonstration for Hong Kong democracy between 2 and 5pm in the Garden of Remembrance today. I will see all my fellow TFKers there.

Never waste a crisis.

I never knew the background to British Hong Kong and the opium wars till this morning, listening to Sapiens on Audible, fascinating book in fairness

1 Like

The Brits were some shower.

Is that the actions of a right wing or left wing government?

Any “ex pats” in Hong Kong who don’t see the pot of water heating up around them and make plans to get out soon need their heads examined.

They want Hong Kong to stay as profitable as possible. They need to keep some expats there. Expats can live a wonderful life within and parallel to the ills of the Chinese system as long as they ignore it.

It’s a tight rope to walk - if you piss off the wrong party official in a business deal you’ll not be leaving. Maybe the money is worth the risk for lads to stay.

1 Like