Hotels in Gorey Area

My work has caused me to travel down south towards the end of this week, specifically to the Gorey area. I had a look online for hotels in the area and they all appear to be a bit on the expensive side (understatement - 145 euro for a night in one of them!).

Anyway my research has brought me to the Courtown Hotel which is surprisingly in Courtown. Is this near to Gorey? Anyone know what it is like? I have tried the following hotels - Ashdown Park Hotel, Marlfield Hotel, Amber Springs Hotel and Spa and the Seafield Spa Hotel and are unavailable due to the fact that they either have no vacancies or are actually too expensive.

Is there any hotel I have missed? I can’t imagine there being many more hotels around the area.

Any help is much appreciated.

Courtown Hotel (aside from the fact that Courtown is a hole) is an alright type of place. Marlfield and Seafield would be very upmarket and hob knobbish. Amber Springs and Ashdown would be your standard 3 or 4 star hotel down the country. New enough places and decent enough. Courtown is about 10 minutes outside Gorey so its handy enough to get in. If you want to save money and stay in Gorey you’d be as well looking for a B&B I’d say. There’s a fair few of them around the town.

What Mac says. Do the company have a limit on what they’ll pay? If not then go for one of the posh places. If they do then the place in Courtown should do the job. It’s only 10 minutes from Gorey.

Was at a wedding there 2 years ago now (christ that was quick) Didn’t stay in the hotel but stayed in a B&B that’s close to where the bypass now runs (it was under construction at the time). Rooms weren’t the greatest and the beds were short (by Farmers standards, think they were 6ft 10" or something) but the scran was top notch in the morning. Made an average B&B into a good one.

Cheers for that.

May even commute it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Cheers for that.

May even commute it.[/quote]

More useless info for you farmer. Will take you an hour from Sandyford to Gorey.

Better off commuting Farmer, haven’t been in the Courtown Hotel in years, was average last time I was there and can’t imagine there has been a huge amount of investment in the intervening period. Surprised the Ashdown and Amber Springs are so expensive.

jesus wept mac, let it go FFS or it’ll eat you up like farmers wind ups on you

pretty much all the hotels in the harbour are shite and cost a fair bit too

would’nt touch marlfield

try harbour house in courtown, it’s a guest house but it’s nicely done and the brekkie is top notch

oh and farmer, thank your lucky stars you’re not hitting the south of the county

[quote=“artfoley”]jesus wept mac, let it go FFS or it’ll eat you up like farmers wind ups on you

pretty much all the hotels in the harbour are shite and cost a fair bit too

would’nt touch marlfield

try harbour house in courtown, it’s a guest house but it’s nicely done and the brekkie is top notch

oh and farmer, thank your lucky stars you’re not hitting the south of the county[/quote]

Let what go art? I’m only speaking the truth. Its a hole.

Here’s an example of the fucking state of the place now. Was down there yesterday and went into the Courtown Hotel to watch the second half of the Waterford Tipp match. Only problem was that the only TV in the place was showing the Man U match.

Sham of a spot.

[quote=“Mac”]Let what go art? I’m only speaking the truth. Its a hole.

Here’s an example of the fucking state of the place now. Was down there yesterday and went into the Courtown Hotel to watch the second half of the Waterford Tipp match. Only problem was that the only TV in the place was showing the Man U match.

Sham of a spot.[/quote]
did you not learn from the last time in the courtown hotel?

go to the taravie or the 19th, less skangers, more wexicans and hurling