House alarms

3 Likes

You are without doubt the most helpful poster on this forum. I wish you well

These are worth the investment.

4 Likes

I’ve two Ukrainian lads minding my place. Never had a problem.

11 Likes

In kilmallock?

Everywhere.

9 Likes

I’d agree that a system like this is the way to go. Wouldn’t be impressed with the ongoing charge of the Eircom Phone Watch. Main problem with these is that you need to get power to each camera. The wifi cameras still need power.

I put in a couple of calving cameras for the sister about six years ago. Amazingly they are still working perfect. Got them in Lidl at the time.

I’ve an alarm that sends messages when triggered and some nest cameras and outdoor cctv with sensor lights. May add the nest doorbell.

The nest cameras are unreal. The outdoor cctv gets triggered by everything so not worth a fuck to have an alert.

Couple of years ago I had bike stolen from the garden shed (never locked it) and missus never locked her car and kids guitar and a car cleaning kit taken. You can see the lads on the cctv walk up and check cars and discover one open and take stuff. Bike was dumped nearby (tyres were flat when they took it).

The CCTV and sensor lights did not faze them.

I’d stick alarm on at night for peace of mind. The nest cameras are great if you are away and a false alarm goes off and you can see it

1 Like

I’d say there’s a fine big gable end for you to put the box on @Juhniallio is there?

1 Like

No. This is a REAL life question.

You get an alert if someone ‘tampers’ with your wife? Jesus you need alarms on everything in Lim-u-rrick.

You get video as well in fairness

2 Likes

Get a shotgun. Then you can lie awake every night hoping someone breaks in

5 Likes

Get a wheel brace.

1 Like

Now you’re talking.

And commentary

Dem boys would know a good duck when they see one.

Has she not calved yet?

8 Likes

They have about 50 every year. Between that and the coursing they’re kept fairly busy this time of year.

1 Like