How long more are we going to have to wait for the banks to be filleted?

Tinnion will devastaed to read that turfcutter.

Is that the lad with the avatar that looks like a P.D.

I have substantial savings of about €900 which I’m worried about. Hopefully the country holds on till March as I plan to blow it in Florence around that time.

I would urge my fellow bank employees to tread cautiously in the coming weeks and months. Be certain to walk together in groups and avoid travelling alone after dark at all costs. Do not bring any unnecessary attention onto yourself that may indicate to the angry general public that you work in a bank; e.g. it would be unwise to brandish a bank branded umbrella. Most importantly, do not admit your profession if questioned by a taxi driver. Use a generic answer such as ‘I work in sales’. Good luck.

Sensible advice.

Packie saves with Irish Permanent.

I wouldn’t worries about savings in Irish banks, if they do go belly up I’d be more worried about the breakdown in law and order, looting, shooting etc.

The government should do whatever is necessary to sell AIB and BOI and get them off the state balance sheet, surely their retail networks are worth something if they government with the backing of ECB was willing to guarantee loses on their existing books to a certain extent. If that could be achieved it would at least reduce the amount of money that needs to go in to allow them to raise funds.

If only someone told that to someone walking home one night around the Baggot Street area.

I view low echelon bankers like Bandage like the prison guards of concentration camps. The usual excuses are trotted out, “I was just following orders”, “I didn’t know what was going on”. At the end of the day though you either end up in Argentina or you’re caught by the Simon Wiesenthal Centre.

It’s Argentina for me!

Is there a rabobank in Galway does anyone know?

I’d agree with this. I mean imagine the Nally type situations that would arise. People (bank employees) would be murdered on the street.

Have you been taking banking advice off the Runt as well? :rolleyes:

It’s coming from people even higher up the chain of command than the runt at the moment.

Some economist alluded to on Vinny Browne was predicting a run on Irish banks soon. A fairly self-fulfilling propphesy really, if you start mooting it, it’s more likely to happen. I’d say you can rip up the rule book from here on in. If there was a run on the banks I think that would tip the country over the edge. There could be fighting on the streets yet FF still think who leads their party is relevant :lol:

There is indeed. Lovely people too.

I think the ECB would have to pick up the tab. At least that is what some guy said on the radio this morning. So it must be ok.

how does one go about performing a “run” on “the banks”?
i have heard this term mooted about here of late, is it anything to do with quantative-easing*?

in short am i to 'run" to BOI and transfer all my cash to bank hapoalim in jerusalim?

*in financial terms , not the nicky henderson trained horse

The shares are in free fall again this morning.
Rumours that AIB in it’s current guise will be gone by the end of the week.
IBOA members been told to brace themselves for huge job losses.

I have heard from a banking mate that BOI could cull 1/3 of their jobs by middle of next year. Shocking if true. I know there is alot of dead weight in these places, but i doubt a third of them are useless.

What am i saying, 3/4’s of them are probably fucking usless, but still, not nice to see such loss.

To conduct a proper run on a bank, one must don a Trilby and proceed downtown you your local branch. The doors will most likely be closed with a member of staff at the door telling you there’s enough money for everyone if you’ll just calm down. Start screaming about how you want your money now. Others will then join you. Start rapping on the doors yelling. The police may arrive, then the whole thing will descend into a riot. Tell the person beside you how you’ve lost everything.

http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/bankrun.jpg

You’re thinking of this place all wrong. As if I had the money back in a safe. The money’s not here. Your money’s in Joe’s house…right next to yours. And in the Kennedy house, and Mrs. Macklin’s house, and a hundred others.