How long more are we going to have to wait for the banks to be filleted?

Nothing against people who work in banks as I know lots of them but how long more are they going to carry on without pay cuts, cut backs, redundancies etc. It’s years down the line now and little has changed. AIB staff didn’t have to put their hands in their pockets for their Xmas party last year. You have Bank of Ireland selling their art and giving the proceeds to emerging artists or something. Eh…very noble of them but don’t they owe millions to us the tax payers? They’re advertising away goodo, sponsoring all round them and who are they answerable to? I don’t think these cunts realise the game is up.

Can anyone shed any light on why two years down the line they’re still carrying on with no pay cuts, redundancies or evident cut backs, while everyone else has taken a hit. What’s going on?

why are the top wankers still at the top they have just shuffled around a bit

How long before the banks are burned out? Unbelievable that they were still trying to defraud the state out of billions even this year, in the depth of the crisis. How long before someone tries to kill some of these people?

If Bank Of Ireland go bust am I mortgage free?

Something about strategic importance.

They’re fucked at this stage anyway. Really don’t have a plausible model to justify their continued existence. Not sure anything will change but there seems to be growing acceptance in financial sectors (in Ireland and overseas) that they’re just not banks anymore. They’re falsely propped up, they can’t lend, they can’t borrow, they can’t do anything other than print ads and compete with eachother for the small pool of deposits remaining in Ireland (i.e. personal stuff).

Hard to make a coherent argument for keeping them. We’re told we need a banking system, but you’d have to imagine the sharks from overseas won’t be long leaving us without a retail bank. At a minimum we need to consolidate the big two and abandon this pretense of having them compete with eachother for money that doesn’t exist.

we shouldnt have bailed them out in the 80’s

Could we use the €100 billion give or take a billion to set up a new bank or do we need a foreign bank to set up here by just buying existing banking infrastructure

It’s nuts. I mean the mortgage brokers must be only busy when they’re playing solitaire? Do we need AIB bank centre and BOI’s HQ? I haven’t even heard of a rationalisation plan.

Merge them both. I have nothing against bank workers either but a massive redundancy programme is needed immediately. We need a functioning bank. Why can’t the media pick up on this. One bank, one bad debts organization -NAMA and throw the rest on top of the pile of rubble. Transferring deposits took about a half an hour in Iceland.

Hmm interesting. How come you’ve never mentioned that before here?

I imagine your mortgage/your debts get sold on.

Also, I think (and I’m open to correction) if you had a mortgage of 100k and deposits of 80k and the bank failed and deposits lost then you still owe the 100k as it’s a seperate entity. You could chase the 80k but not offset it against the 100k.

Yours etc,
GSH.

Ah I knew I wouldn’t get away with it sure somebody would be bound to pick at the carcass.
That’s a bit nuts though about the deposits.

Can any of the bankers or accountant types on here say one way or another if savings are save in BOI?

You should lodge all your savings to your Betfair account.

Mine is in Ulster bank.
Savings are only “safe” as the guarantee.
If you think this government is ok to guarantee all our savings up to 100k then fair enough.
I don’t believe a word they say.

Yours etc,
GSH.

That guarantee isn’t worth a curse I’d say. How can one bankrupt go guarantor for another bankrupt?

People still have savings?! I thought we’d all agreed to piss everything we had away over the past decade?

I found a nice wad of savings in a credit union sub account I had forgotten existed the other day.

:pint:

Better off seeking advice from people that have a clue, Dunph.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I for one would rather hear your views on the subject dunph that some of the spoofers on here, I’d hate to have any of em as my accountant that rocko lad excluded he seems to have half an ides what’s going on