How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

The first part is just not true though. I know that for an absolute fact. In fact, Limerick were cost cutting heavily this year.

Limerick gaa have more goal keeper coaches than Manchester United or Liverpool. Nobody will be able compete with limerick if McManus keeps this up bar maybe Dublin. We will completely dominate hurling.

Do you think Feely is getting paid to coach goalkeepers? :joy::joy:

I wish he would throw a bit more money in, maybe we could get better lights on that side pitch in MNP if teams arenā€™t allowed on the main pitch.

1 Like

No county will compete with the investment. The only thing that will ruin it is maybe some county board official pisses of jp or something like that but at this stage that surely wonā€™t happen.

Were you not his biggest critic?

It has been said often on here but Cork wont be too far away over next 5 years. They looked to have a few decent hurlers in U20 team that beat Limerick a few days ago. Iā€™d fancy them for the All Ireland in that grade. Tipp have won a couple of All Irelands in U21 and U20 level but if Cork were managed by anyone else the outcome may have been different in 1 of them. For the life of my I cant understand why Lehane was jettisoned. It might not be next year but I think Cork could land one in 2022/2023 under someone like Ronan Curran.

Itā€™s bitterly unfair on the footballers imo. Iā€™d also be sceptical as to why heā€™s making these donations. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s to keep the people on side just as much as it about the love of hurling. I wouldnā€™t be as passionate about the topic as before. I guess Iā€™ve mellowed in old age. Itā€™s still great to see limerick win but at the back of mind I wouldnā€™t like to see it turn into jps limerick or whatever. He wonā€™t always be around but limerick gaa willā€¦

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if Tipp beat Cork if they can get over Waterford. Was very impressed with them against Clare in the second half.

Cork were good in extra time and certainly have some very nice players but they really struggled on their own puckouts. The game will do them good obviously but could see Tipp edging them.

1 Like

No offence but you obviously havenā€™t a notion how it works.

1 Like

Itā€™s funny the way the Limerick crowd donā€™t think JP and his millions have anything to do with their success.

4 Likes

As ewan MacKenna pointed out Kildare were flush with money in 98 and look what happened. At the moment nobody will compete with limerick weā€™ve the players, the money and the right management/coaches. We can win 5 in a row.

His money certainly helps, but the idea they operate with an unlimited budget is nonsense.

I would also hazard that the Teneo investment in Tipperary far exceeds what JP gave Limerick this year.

1 Like

Unlimited Budget: the inside story of Limerick Hurling

1 Like

2 Likes

He has horse running soon called unlimited funds for Charles Byrnes. Great banter.

Money is only really an issue for those who donā€™t have it in fairness. Unlimited funds guarantee nothing but does allow for quality planning and preparation.

Clare have pumped the bones of 6 million into a centre of excellence over the last decade which isnā€™t fit for purpose and are paying out large 6 figure sums to the likes of UL and Lees road for Astro pitches each year while our under 20s were sent out to play championship matches in jerseys 3 or 4 years old.

1 Like

Limerick will be playing their home league games in the Bahamas by 2022.

1 Like

The Galway clique have gone quiet.

Thatā€™s really annoying shit.
I think Limerick are paying a fortune to UL as well instead of properly developing Mick Neville park.

It seem like cork have gotten their shit together underage over last few years, thereā€™s a very good 20s team and that minor panel had a good few smaller clubs involved, picking thr best players not best players from best clubs. 22/23 is a good shout where they will be there abouts winning again.