How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

That new grass pitch in UL is unbelievable. That’s what they should be getting in MNP. The main pitch out there has held up pretty well this year but it’s still far from my favourite surface.

Any word on them starting the redevelopment out there?
It’s been announced multiple times over the past 10 years, but nothing ever actually happens.

The whole place could do with an upgrade

A waste of a facility.
One decent pitch, one ok pitch, one less than ok pitch and finally a pitch you wouldn’t let a dog on.

That hasn’t been a problem for Cork in fairness,
when they picked players from the big clubs they were generally successful, the spread of players in recent years has been fine,

And that’s good for the game if they don’t (as long as another team isn’t completely dominant)

Yeah I watched the highlights of the minor game on TG4 last night having seen the game sporadically over the weekend. Cork were in it until 1 moment in the game and it came on the sideline when Corks number 10 shipped a massive hit from Adam English. 9 out of 10 times you’d see a shoulder like that against a defenceless player given as a free out especially at minor level but Limerick got a goal from the resultant play. With the next puckout then they went back to the Cork number 10 who was clearly still out of it. He was waiting for the ball to arrive before a Limerick player nipped in and offloaded to Adam English who added insult to injury with another goal. It struck me as being poor management from Cusack but then again you cant control everything that goes on on a hurling field. I think after a concession of a a big play like that you should never go short.

Douglas and Ballincollig have really grown as clubs in recent times. I’m not sure what kind of structures they have in place but with the sheer numbers there Cork underage teams should be able to leverage off these. I think there were 3 Ballincollig minors on that Cork team. 2 midfielders and wing forward. Unheard of.

1 Like

Sure, better off to let the Munster lads butter each other up.

I have said it here last week about ballincollig, the CSO expect the town to double its population by 2040, considering the expansion its had over the last 20 years. The GAA club held a big game show fundraiser in the oriel this time last year aiming to help raise a couple of million to invest in facilities to cope with this increase. One of thr big builders is They had over 100 kids at under 8s last year. A football club mainly being senior and winning the championship in 2014 but they got promoted to the higher intermediate hurling grade 2 years ago.

1 Like

I hope we win 5 in a row.

1 Like

You’d hope we squeeze every last bit out of the current squad alright… You’re a long time dead.

I’ve never actually played on the middle pitch; what’s that one like?

It’s actually not too bad. When it’s right it’s a fairly decent surface.

In a county where “children are born with hurleys in their hands” or some other such bullshit we’ve managed to produce such an array of cack handed fuckers over the past few years. For every TJ Reid we seem to make space for a Jonjo Farrell.

There are plenty stylish hurlers in the county but a lot of them don’t fit into the Cody prototype

B’collig have ex Cork underage hurler Johnny Dywer coaching in the schools. Traditionally they be a v strong hurling club. Won a few seniors in the 50s when the standard of club hurling was as high as it ever was.They be in premier 1 hurling grade all the way up at underage. With the expansion of population a bunch of Kerry hoors managed to turn the club football for the last generation but theyve been delt with and hurling is on the rise again.

To 2025:

Limerick 3
Two of Waterford Galway Tipp to win one.

Limerick 1-2, Tipp 1-2 and Cork 1-2 (those 3 will share the five, Limerick first, then Tipp then Cork).

Waterford’s wait will go on I fear. Galway a wildcard and might nick one but I fear they won’t. Clare, Wexford and Dublin too far away at the moment.

Limerick’s most successful period was three all Irelands between 1934 to 1940.

Would Limerick posters here be happy with three all Irelands between 2018 and 2024 (without having to wait 33 years after that)? That would be one of the next four. FWIW, I’d be surprised if they didn’t win 2+ of those 4 making it their most successful era ever.

I suspect the answer to that would have been yes if you had asked the question in 2017. Now I’d imagine most Limerick people will expect to win at least 2 of the next 4.

1 Like

Depends who is asking the question.

I think Limerick would hope to win 2 or 3 in the next 4 years.