How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

They really do.
Tis like the laygue that way.

Brian Gavin wasnā€™t the referee in the 2009 final. Diarmuid Kirwan was.

Welcome to last week, or yesterday, or something.

Lads it was Kirwan was the referee that day, not Gavin.

You were the one who referenced Brian Gavin awarding a penalty in the 2009 Final.

Limericks great run in 2018 started with a preliminary quarter-final victory against then Joe McDonagh Cup Champions Carlow.

1 Like

It started with Barry Murphy and ended with Mulcahy.

I think you may be onto something here.

Typical north KK tactic.Bastards for it.

If it happened it front of you,did you see what Bould Benny did to Bould Tommy when he came on??

Because I did.The cunt was hopping like a box of frogs from the second he came onšŸ˜‚

Tommy always did that. Part of the black arts for a back. Always amazed me how Tommy could always manipulate himself to field from behind the forward and no forward ever tried to field from behind him.

3 Likes

I think the signs of decline are there in Limerick alreadyā€¦ I think weā€™ll win one more and begin to fade away.

I saw him one day with Keaney , he just used keaney as a springboard time and time againā€¦I recall bonner Maher trying to stand behind him in an all Ireland final one year

1 Like

He used to stand miles back from the wing forward, build up momentum and launch himself didnā€™t he? The wing forward would nearly be in the corner standing behind him!

Although in fairness, might as well have tried something else as he lorded it for years.

Of the lads from that era, I always thought Mullane with his pace from wing forward might have given him something to think about apart from the high fielding aspect.

I never saw a player who seemed to be able to judge the flight of a ball as well as tw. It was uncanny. Shefflin knew heā€™d win it and hit it his direction, and was already moving.

1 Like

I think he was the best of all that Kilkenny team to be honest, a force of nature.

4 Likes

Iā€™d agree. A remarkable player.

1 Like

I always think players who are small growing up figure out the game a lot quicker ā€¦

2 Likes

They have to

2 Likes

A.bit like the theory that slower & less gifted players make better managers as they tend to have to think more when playing

1 Like