How many all Ireland's in a row will jp buy?

Itā€™s Kieran Kingston if he wants it.

Very mixed attitude to it. Some people of the view he is liked by players and they will play for him. Others think they need someone they donā€™t like who will rattle them.they do need a serious kick up the hole

The results in the Leader the other day from limerick underage sides were extremely shocking (after two fantastic years in 13/14). It canā€™t be underestimated the damage Daly is clearly doing, his not up to it and I canā€™t understand the apathy from the likes of @glasagusban towards him.

Glasagusban wouldnā€™t a bulls motion about underage hurling. Didnā€™t he not even know who the centre forward was on his own club team ffs. Iā€™m surprised he knows Limerick have an underage set up.

1 Like

Christ, @caoimhaoin is talking some scutter.

1 Like

Why donā€™t you challenge me on something you faggot

Kingstonā€™s father is it?

Ye were robbed against us this year in the minor, but are a County making massive inroads at underage which will pay dividends in 2/3 years time if not sooner.

Ye have huge advantages (must have 5/6 times KKā€™s population with similar hurling tradition), with the right people over the teams ye are going to be incredibly hard to beat.

To be fair you canā€™t lay the blame for all those results at his door.

Heā€™s a good intercounty manager - clearly a good man manager. Thatā€™s half the battle these days.

However why we decided to parachute him in as this academy director - when he has no experience of such a role - is beyond me. Just typical - shur get a big name in and make it look as if things are being done professionally. Won the Arrabawn, two Munster minor titles, a Munster senior and two Munster u21 titles since 2011 so there was no need to bend over and give him free rein. Weā€™ve being doing alright - relatively - in recent years.

Give him the senior job or nothing IMO.

Talent? 2 managers away, probably?

Ye had 1 decent sub this year, a fucking sub gk got game time out the field FFS. Cody couldnā€™t lead a panel that shite never mind the next goon that Frank picks.

Conor Sull gave up? Seems an intelligent driven chap alright. Just what a team needs.

10 years hiding in long grass? They frightened the fuck out of Clare in 2013 alright.

Waffle.

Relying on 15 year oldā€™s staying committed to Hurling? Shur theyā€™ll ignore women, drink & college life to save Cork Hurling.

Youā€™re some ape of a man. :rollseyes:

1 Like

Itā€™s not all his fault, but he is the academy director, and itā€™s a results business and our results under his watch have been very poor.

Jesus I wouldnā€™t put him anywhere near the senior job, and thatā€™s from watching his time over Clare and Dublin seniors, we want an AI pal, and he will never deliver that for us imo. Iā€™d put Kiely and Corbett into the setup in the morning with TJ if I had the choice.

The below speaks for itself pal.

Kingston has not been in touch to look for it. May decide not worth the aggravation but I think he will be tempted to go for it. I thought landers was what they needed this year but players did not like him. last regime issue was not conditioning - Joyce who up to injury had put on 15 to 20 kg in 3 years - but no real leaders and lack of mental strength to go and hurt. Players Like Oā€™Sullivan left panel because not picked - regretted it after but bridge was burned. He might come back. Will he make a difference - unlikely

No reason to believe oā€™callaghan will play. Kingston junior needs to be protected to an extent as level of expectation on him is crazy. Sheer numbers and structures means players coming through and underage wins must leave Donal og seething

Frank is clever. Give Cusack the job and toss him out after 3 years and then bring someone else on board for the glory!

Galway minors had nine U17ā€™s this year. I suspect they will be warm favā€™s for back to back. Cork 2017 is a distinct possibility and 21ā€™s 2020. 2020/21 Senior AI. Thatā€™s the timeframe.

Probably about right. If cork have got underage structures right then leveraging numbers could be as dominant as Dublin in football (not KK dominant)

Conditioning was no.1 issue.

I know Iā€™m detail all the Conditioning they did. The strength work was laughable for that level

I know what you were told about sliotars too. i know Joyce and his specifics and I know number of players benching 100kg plus in 2012 versus 2015 was a big increase.

Ellis Walsh and Cahalane are not small and are not not conditioned.

Be interesting next year to see because there is a view based on recent minor and 21 results that JBM got the most out of they group and without him there the wheels may come off. If they donā€™t respect him will they respect Kingston? I would hope Kingston would bring in a psychologist or performance coach and I think he would. JBM didnā€™t believe in that

I realise you know mathews but you are only exposing it all further.

Since when has bench pressing been an evaluating of hurling Conditioning?

Cork did not ā€œruckā€ once last year, not once. And one player has said he never Deadlifted in his life.

Lads running around d CIT with Weighted jackets.

This is exactly whatā€™s laughable.

The first strength program employed, after considerable pressure, was whipped out of a Men Health magazine.

Go away and cheerleader for someone with substance.

JBM did ok, but once KK and Tipp had their year off cork were not up to it mentally or physically.

they were within 15 seconds of winning an all Ireland and were last team to beat KK

Best player against Galway this year was Kearney who was smallest

i am pretty sure they had bags of sliotars too despite the stories you heard

What parish are you from ulterior?

TUM, yeā€™re second half performance was very dissapointing on Sunday, which I obviously donā€™t need to remind you of. Ye had the fuckers on the ropes in the first half, I canā€™t explain what happened to ye in the second half, 2 points from play from the 35th to the 60th minute, coming from a team that got 26 points mostly from play against Tipp in the semi final.

I was very dissapointed for ye to say the least, as imo this current KK team is not half as strong as they were at their peak between 07-11.

Richie Hogan wasnā€™t even fit, but that county can grind out a result playing at 50-60% under Cody and the mgt team around him deserve huge credit.

WTF??? :rollseyes: