How much trouble is the FAI now in?

Genuine question.

I’ve read a few things about the FAI economically backing a lot on Ireland getting to the World Cup - what exactly will be the impact upon the organisation after tonight’s defeat? Underage soccer is already in a dire state, and a new generation of top-quality Irish soccer players seems to be nowhere to be seen.

[quote=“Turenne”]Genuine question.

I’ve read a few things about the FAI economically backing a lot on Ireland getting to the World Cup - what exactly will be the impact upon the organisation after tonight’s defeat? Underage soccer is already in a dire state, and a new generation of top-quality Irish soccer players seems to be nowhere to be seen.[/quote]

does your da still rape you?

They are down at least 10m straight off by not qualifying, plus they will miss the boost to Vantage club seats sales that they very badly need if they are to have any hope of meeting their obligiations in relation to the Avivva.

This is going to hurt them big time,fuck you anyway thievery Henry:mad:

You’ve lost me there Runt, Vantage Club?

The mega expensive 10 year tickets for the Avivva. The ones Ray Houghton is trying to hawk on the radio adverts. They have fuck all of them sold. I think they are 12k a pop.

au contraire - they are nearly sold out

What are you at Turenne? You English bollox.

:rolleyes:

They sent begging letters to junior soccer clubs to get them to buy them on installment plans.

They sent begging letters to junior soccer clubs to get them to buy them on installment plans.[/quote]

it called marketing - rogbee clubs & gga clubs buy tickets from the IRFU & the GGA- exact same here

The difference is GAA clubs and rugby clubs have the money to buy such items. Most junior soccer clubs still tog out in portacabins

This is a major blow to the FAI for sure. Zero coming through at underage, domestic league in a perpetual shambles - they needed a World Cup run to boost the profile of the game and get some badly needed funds in.

so capital grant from the government should be given to the popular sports

They given it the associations who are capable of managing it. The FAI lost 4 million this year. The LOI/FAI is riddled with corruption and poor financial management. Why would the government give them anything? It’ll all disappear down some black hole with nothing to show for it and they’ll be back in a couple of years with the begging bowl again.

eh- they should be builidng facilities- not giving money to asociations:rolleyes: football is the mot popular team sport in Ireland- the gov should be improving the facilities for football teams - why build hurling walls in dublin when kite surfing i more popular - bte the FAI actually made 4m profit last year

[COLOR=“White”]*4m may not be correct

The real winners in this are the hordes of children who will now have schoolbooks going back to school in September because selfish Joxer won’t have fcuked off to South Africa so he can be with the ‘lads’ while the wife and kids are almost dying of the hunger at home.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]eh- they should be builidng facilities- not giving money to asociations:rolleyes: football is the mot popular team sport in Ireland- the gov should be improving the facilities for football teams - why build hurling walls in dublin when kite surfing i more popular - bte the FAI actually made 4m profit last year

[COLOR=“White”]*4m may not be correct[/quote]

That isnt true Cocktake,the FAIs last accounts filed showed that they now have 4 million in the bank,down from 20 million just twelve months before,the 16 million the fucking eejits are out was blown on employing an extra 185 permanent staff over the past 18 moths while every other organisation in this Country bar absolutely none are trimming down thier staff numbers in order to cut costs during the economic downturn.

Stop raving on about the govt providing the FAI with monies to create infrastructure etc,there isnt a politicion in Ireland who’d sign off on giving anything to the FAI given thier current state of financial affairs.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]eh- they should be builidng facilities- not giving money to asociations:rolleyes: football is the mot popular team sport in Ireland- the gov should be improving the facilities for football teams - why build hurling walls in dublin when kite surfing i more popular - bte the FAI actually made 4m profit last year

*4m may not be correct [/quote]

Maybe we should build them a sea :rolleyes:

better changing rooms & shower facilities in dollymount strand & facilities to wash the boards- not too much too ask considering it is more popular than hurling & doesnt have the gary glitter tyoe characters that are symbiotic with the GGA

:clap:

This Green Army shite is some load of shite.