How much will a visit to the vet cost these days?

From who? Vets websites?
Vets are on a par with dentists for their codolgy. I play football with a vet and he debunked many of the myths about pets and animals. As have all the hound and breeders around us.
There are a lot of scare tactics used in particular with neutering dogs.

Anyway, get one over the counter (the vets use the same stuff, often generic), at a pet shop. The people in pet shops tend, but not always, to be good on honest advice. Just not one attached to a vet hospital or whatever.
Iā€™m not sure about cats but with the dogs we just jab into the back of the neck for fleas etc, and the worm stuff generally is mixed with food.

[QUOTE=ā€œcaoimhaoin, post: 1067495, member: 273ā€]From who? Vets websites?
Vets are on a par with dentists for their codolgy. I play football with a vet and he debunked many of the myths about pets and animals. As have all the hound and breeders around us.
There are a lot of scare tactics used in particular with neutering dogs.

Anyway, get one over the counter (the vets use the same stuff, often generic), at a pet shop. The people in pet shops tend, but not always, to be good on honest advice. Just not one attached to a vet hospital or whatever.
Iā€™m not sure about cats but with the dogs we just jab into the back of the neck for fleas etc, and the worm stuff generally is mixed with food.[/QUOTE]

Sorted- Vet up the road has a shop at the front with all your needs- a little more expensive but how badā€¦ ā‚¬18 for worm pill and flea/tick cream.

Cats dna has not evolved yet to total domesticity, and I like that about them, they are still wild. Dogs, while they are very clever, are very needy bastards and chase their own tail and bark at their reflection. She has attacked me loads of times for nothing but I just laugh at her as I accept thats what they do, if you expect them to be a warm cuddly pet your fucked, they pick and choose when they want to cosy up to youā€¦ iā€™m still showing the marks from being clawed about 6 weeks backā€¦ amazing animals.

Sent you a PM there @ChocolateMice

I canā€™t remember which one it was, frontline or another one, but it was at the expensive end anyway, and it was considered a dud by many in the industry in Oz.
Hopefully that does the job what you got.

Is that Princess or the cat?

Some terrible quips and attacks on my princess in this thread.A lesser man, like @Horsebox[/USER] or [USER=122]@dancarter, would take it personal but a man secure in himself and his loving relationship can bat these feeble pebbles right out of the ball park. Boom!

I reckon if you survived 10 days in Cork with the in-laws you should be well able for it