The sweeper is done
And we have won none
He should have went and joined the Joe Show

4 Likes

Ya he won a load of frees in the first half

I think a Limerick is supposed to scan.
It’s also supposed to be vaguely witty.

1 Like

It’s better than a depressing long winded essay which will basically say we were shit

Who’s smug? Still every chance you might meet Limerick

Flatty is fouling more than the Galway full back line here.

The rest of them are learning the Leinster way and have shown the belly to the kilkenny lads.

Haven’t seen anything like it since Dowling retired.

1 Like

I’ve no interest.
I want to beat those kk cunts

1 Like

That thing isn’t.

Did Davy lose them with his rant after the Galway game?

The modern-day player, no matter what county he’s from, can be a bit precious and unaccustomed to criticism from his manager in public. For what it’s worth, it was a completely honest appraisal from Davy, but the performance today suggested a wee bit of a sulk from the team.

1 Like

Ever pragmatic Kilkenny fans are so dignified in victory and realise that despite the smash and grab nature of that larceny in Croke Park this evening, Tipperary, Galway and an unbeatable looking Limerick are far stronger.

If it ends up as Waterford v Clare in the quarters, which is a 50/50 shot, the winner there plays Kilkenny and the three strongest sides Limerick, Galway and Tipperary are all on the other side of the draw.

That’s the varagies of a knockout competition though. Last year, Tipperary were beaten out the gate in the Munster Final and they end up with Laois and a Wexford collapse for the ages as their path to the final. Then they get the final handed to them by the refereeing injustice visited upon Richie Hogan.

Kilkenny’s name might just be on the Cup this year.

1 Like

A little bit of work to refine the sweeper system in pre-season and our dander will be up again.

1 Like

Have they stopped listening to Davy ? They were in a great position to kick on after last year but they don’t seem to have any belief in what they are doing …it’s actually reminiscent of Davys end in Clare …ironically the two stinking performances against Wexford …

If I were a Galway fan i would be sickened but might take the positives and say we have the beating of anyone and the players may have learned the lesson to put the game away beyond a doubt especially when there’s nkth Galway should feat in the qualifiers.

Galway should fancy their chances against either Clare or Tipp. In an AISF then and anything can happen.

Maybe two sweepers?

I don’t know if he lost them with that, and I agree the criticism of that display was justified. But he needed to accept some criticism himself too. Repeating the same thing over and over again when it’s not working is silly. And it’s frustrating that he hasn’t brought more players through. He relies on the same 17/18 lads, even though it’s clear we needed to change 3/4/5 positions and just a bit of freshness and energy.

1 Like

In hindsight Clare were only a point down at the second half water break against this superb Limerick team.

Davy Fitz possibly should have taken Galways offer last November when his reputation was very high. Unlikely he’ll receive an offer from them again.

A lot depends now on the Quarter-Final draw. A Clare v Waterford Quarter-Final opens up a semi-final spot for a team outside of the perceived top 4. Derek McGrath tended to benefit from such quarter-final draw in the old system. E.G. Dublin in 2015, Wexford in 2016 and 2017 etc.

Waterford and Limerick is no foregone conclusion tomorrow

1 Like

You should learn how to take defeat gracefully

1 Like