Hurling Championship 2020 - The Year Limerick Blitzed

Galway should be waiting for Eamon o Shea to become available …get their forwards moving and passing to each other …they score little enough goals without getting Davy involved !

2 Likes

Exactly

Ah fuck it they changed the game of hurling in summer last year. They played sensational stif. They just didn’t have enough depth to keep it up for 70. You can’t expect them to reproduce that hurling in a bog in November.

It also opens up a final spot for a team outside of the perceived top 3.

1 Like

Hyperbole Alert

1 Like

That’s the only thing that could save
@flattythehurdler weekend

A bit like Tipperary in last year’s Munster Final, its a Munster Final probably best lost.

I’ve been ruminating on this for a while.

Joe canning is the best hurler ever in my opinion.

Galway have managed their overreliance on him by trying to make themselves less reliant on him by moving him further out the field and making him more of a team player. O’shea took the reins of tipp and decided to make the entire team revolve around getting the best out of Callanan. Callanan is inferior to canning.

What I can never understand is why the fuck don’t Galway have a “get canning at full forward and give him the ball and goals will happen” plan.

I just don’t get it.

No one can do the things that canning can do. Fucking work him into position to do them.

4 Likes

I Don’t think so with year that it is. The weeks break would be great as against 5 weeks off.

I think it’s easier nullify him in FF. Sweeper in front of him etc. He’s also not particularly mobile so you’ve to drop it on his head, at which point there’s a fullback waiting to cleave him. They have played him FF over the years. It hasn’t been particularly effective from memory.

2 Likes

I think straight through is the best route this year. Two weeks and two weeks. Perfect setup

1 Like

It’s Galway mate. Same old same old. JC was brilliant as always , but it’s the usual mental breakdown. We can only win big games if we are significantly better than the opposition
Any kind of close game and they know we crumble.
We know we crumble.
I’ve gone through anger and I’m at resignation.
I’ll be back on anger in a bit.

7 Likes

JJ Delaney already addressed this. Canning doesn’t have the movement for the position.

2 Likes

I’m not sure I buy that theory.

He’s not desperate slow or anything.

1 Like

You should fuck off.
Finally stopped whining about Hogan getting a red.
The last ref that adjudicated a match fairly had a bullet put in his career by Cody.

Try whiskey will get you there faster.
I think you are being overly harsh. Ye were, for me, the better team today. But KK are KK. They did it to us last year. Relentless bastards.

2 Likes

Exactly. If you don’t nail them they’ll nail you.

My fear is that today was our All Ireland. Just like Limerick was in 2’19.

Kilkenny were brilliantly efficient tonight, good direct hurling. We were fuckacting when the conditions didn’t suit fuckacting. Short passing running game in a gale and downpour FFS. Only Limerick can pull that off.

I think whelan could be unstoppable if coached by o Shea…he’s so strong and powerful …but seems to come out very far for the ball at present and doesn’t stay where he’s most dangerous .